Ms. Mac's Memos
Park Street Mission and Vision
Park Street Mission:
We Learn. We Grow. We Thrive.
Park Street Vision:
Our vision is to provide a collaborative foundation for successful learning and living through:
P- Positive Experiences
S- Supporting all students
E- Engaging with the community and creating
S- Students of excellence
- Small group instruction (during literacy and math)
- Reader's Workshop model
- Writer's workshop model
- Independent Reading
- Conferring with purpose
- Math tasks/ stations
Also, coming in to support and complete instructional rounds more frequently will be several people from CO.
A Tip While Writing Plans
TKES goals #2 is all about Planning.
Here are some resources to help you show proficiency!
These questions can help you ensure you have the important components in your plans:
1. What do you expect students to learn?
2. How will you know when students understand?
3. How do you respond when students don't understand? Remediate?
4. How do you respond when students understand? Enrich?
PD for Second Semester
- February 7th- Guided Reading with Luz during planning times
- February 27th- Math in Practice PD with Ms. Robinson (Planning time) & Test Prep PD with Hannah
- March 11th- Local School PD day (free day to plan and work in your rooms)
- March 11th- Hannah will do a test prep part 2 and will also be available to help with any Reading Units of Study Assistance you may need. She will be set up in the Media Center for "drop in" sessions.
Staff Shout Outs..
1. Elizabeth Martinez & Monicah Mackey
Elizabeth Martinez & Monicah Mackey,
Thank you for helping me in distributing coats to our students. From preparation in washing and drying them, to collecting more.
What a difference we are making here at Park Street!
2. Ashley Bagwell
Simply being herself. We are so, so grateful you joined our PSE family! The kindness you display never goes unnoticed!
3. Nurse Nicole
Working around the clock to keep our kiddos and staff healthy!
4. Rebecka Kern
Working so hard to keep the front office running even while you’re away!
5. 4th Grade Team
Thank you for constantly putting forth an effort to make all kiddos feel loved and appreciated!
6. Ms. Bennett and Ms. Tichenor
Thanks ladies for hanging out with me on a Friday afternoon to help me pack my things and clean my new learning environment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Your kindness did not go unnoticed. :)
7. Park Street Staff
I love being apart of the PS family. Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement as I transition into my new teaching role. We don't always know and understand our destination, but we must be willing to step out on faith and see where it leads. Thank you again, Mrs. Banks
8. Beverly Florence
Thanks for being so helpful! You’re a great teammate!
9. The ESOL team
Great job on ACCESS testing team...the end is in sight!