Winter Olympics Spirit Week- Join your students in some fun!
- Monday, February 10- Hats off to the Olympians! (Wear your favorite winter hat.)
- Tuesday, February 11- Support your favorite sport! (Represent your favorite sport or sports team.)
- Wednesday, February 12- Lowell students shine! (To symbolize the olympic medals, wear sparkle or shine.)
- Thursday, February 13- Lowell students stay connected! (Join your grade level in wearing one of the Olympic ring colors. (K & 1- Blue; 2-Yellow; 3-Black; 4-Green; & 5-Red)
- Friday, February 14- We LOVE our country! (Wear Valentine gear or represent the USA or your country of birth.)
If you need me...
This Week's Events
Spirit Week as noted above
Monday, February 10
- (Battle of the Books; 12-1 in LLC)
- (Green Club; 3:30-4:40 in LLC)
Tuesday, February 11
- Kathy @ SSC; Principal meeting in AM & Institute Day meeting in PM
- (Daisy Scouts; 3:30-5 in Art Room)
- (After School Tutoring; 3:30-5 in LLC)
Wednesday, February 12
- Kathy in
- (ELL Tutoring; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
- Staff meeting @ 8:30 in LLC
- IEPs/Problem Solving as planned
- Floor hockey; before school in gym
- Orchestra; after school in music room
- Kathy @ ISAT meeting at SSC @ 1:30
- (Wheaton Park District gym rental; 6:30-7:30 p.m.)
Friday, February 14
- 4th/5th Grade Talent Show; 12:30-1
- Valentine activities as planned; if your class or grade level has a planned activity, please share it here.
- (Chess Club; 3:45-4:45 p.m. in LLC)
Next Staff/Committee Meetings REVISED
February Staff Meetings:
- Wednesday, February 19- (ISAT)
- Tuesday, February 25- (Faith on a Cart/ District Updates)
Wellness Committee: TBD
Instructional Team: Tuesday, February 18
Behavior Task Force: March 19th; 1/2 day a.m.
Aide monthly meeting: February 20; 8:30-9 a.m.
Still have movement resources or recess feedback? Share via the link below.
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- Mondays until otherwise announced- 4th/5th talent show auditions w/Mrs. White in music room; noon-12:30
- Fridays until otherwise announced- talent shows in 4th/5th grade lunch; talent show team eats lunch with Mrs. White prior
- January 20-March 14- Kane County Cougars reading program
- February 20: Cook's Night Out @ Chik-Fil-A
- February 25: Staff meeting w/Faith re: report card changes @ 8:30 a.m.
- February 25: Kindergarten Round-up for Class of 2027
- February 28: Jamboree
- March 18: Kane County Reading parent verification forms due to Anne McDonald
- April 11: Kane County Cougars game
- April 11: Dental Clinic
- April 22: Step Up Day at Franklin
- April 25: Culture Fest
- May 3: Lowell 5K
- May 16: Beautification Day; 3:30-5
- May 22: Kane County Cougars game
- June 3: Discovery Day