August 14th, 2022
Monday, August 15th = First Day of School (Minimum Day)
Thank you to all the families who got them to school so they could participate in this exciting opportunity!
Please continue reading for some first day tips and general announcements.
We have several minimum days built into the school year. You can view all of them on our website.
Regular School Day
We will follow the regular school day schedule on Tuesdays through Fridays throughout the school year.
With the exception of the first day of school, Mondays are Collaboration Days. This ends the school day early and allows staff to collaborate.
Regular School Day
Free Meals for All Students
- All students are eligible to receive a free breakfast and lunch for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Important: To receive their free meals, students will need to provide their student ID number at every meal. Students can select one serving from multiple options. Additional servings are available for purchase and will be charged to the student ID number.
- Breakfast will be available from 7:30-8:30 AM each school day.
- Follow this LINK for more information
Student Drop-off *PLAN AHEAD - LEAVE EARLY*
- East Lot/Student Lot- Drop-off and Pick-up areas
- Staff Lot/Bus Circle - No student drop-off. Reserved for Staff and approved Special Education students.
- South Lot- Driving students may park in the lot without a permit until mid-August.
- KEEP TRAFFIC MOVING INTO CAMPUS. We do not allow drop offs on the access road, near the east lawn. Dropping off in this location creates a traffic back up at our entry and disrupts other families.
All GUHSD schools are closed campuses. This means that once students arrive at school they may not leave the campus until their school day has been completed.
Only people with school business to conduct may be on campus and must immediately check in at the Receptionist’s desk upon their arrival. In emergencies, parents should call the attendance office and make arrangements for the students to leave early.
Students are advised that they will not be allowed to receive lunches and other packages during the school day. This includes deliveries of food from “Uber Eats”, “Grub Hub” or similar, as well as deliveries of balloons, flowers, or birthday gifts.
Parking Permits/Start Smart
All students must complete the CHP Start Smart class prior to obtaining a parking permit; the schedule is on the school website. Only vehicles registered in the student’s or parent’s name, with proof of insurance in the vehicle, will be permitted to park on campus. Drivers must also be in possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
Start Smart Dates: 8/23, 9/27. 10/25, 11/17
Where: Library. Time: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
This change was necessary to increase our ability to supervise students and keep them, and our facilities, safe.
- Please clear absences within 48 hours - you can bring a signed note to the Attendance Office or call and leave a message at (619) 593-5333.
- Appointments - If students need to leave school early, you can call the attendance office, bring a signed note or walk up to the attendance window. Please allow time for students to be notified.
- Auto Dialer is Back! If your child is absent for one or more periods, without being verified, your family will receive an automated evening message.
On Tuesday, August 16th and Wednesday, August 17th upperclassmen will take their yearbook/ID photos with their English classes. Please ask your English teacher about the specific day/time.
Freshmen that missed Enrollment Day can also take their yearbook/ID photo on these days.
- ASB cards - $30
- PE clothes - shirt $10, shorts $15
- Yearbooks - $90
- and spirit items starting from $12
Click HERE to visit the webstore, set up your account and start purchasing Norsemen items today!
Welcome Back Valhalla Families!!
Valhalla’s PTO is eager to get back to school and support the programs that have become tradition at Valhalla! Grad Nite, Baccalaureate, Scholarships, Teacher Grants, Educational Programs, Test Snacks, Hospitality and more, are just a few of the things we support. Whether you are a new parent to the school or returning, you can count on us to stay up to date with all the happenings at school! We know that navigating high school is not only a challenge for the students, but for the parents as well.
We are here to support you as parents at Valhalla. Please check out our PTO website to learn about us and see how you can help! Join us by becoming a member, purchasing class T-shirts and swag! All your donations stay directly at Valhalla and will be used to sponsor events and
activities for the students, teachers, and community. You do not have to volunteer your time to become a member. However, we would love to have you whenever you are available to help! Sign up to be a volunteer!
Find out how your business can sponsor PTO. And finally, don’t forget to
check us out on social media and leave us some comments!
Click HERE to explore the PTO website and become a member.
What is AFIF?
Please take a moment to complete the Annual Family Information Form, click HERE, so we can continue Valhalla's tradition of excellence.