December 11, 2020
Please pray for the families and friends of our SMM community who have asked for our prayers. If you would like us to pray for a loved one, please send Coach Gay an email: email@example.com.
For all service men and women; first responders; police; firefighters; health care workers; and everyone who is keeping us safe, protected, and fed during the COVID 19 crisis.
Simone Boell, Dale McCloskey, Cherie Manuel, Paula Satterlee, Lorraine Olmo, Jessica Bodron, Krista Soileau, Dr. Joel Fokom, Nicholas Eirich, Jake Blalock, Pat Karrigan, Carla Hurlburt, Eileen Bruno, Cheryl Walters Swanson, Juan Peralta, Nicole Forrest, Courtney Palulio, Lisa Ferrer, Richard Roach, and Trevor Abney.
For the repose of the soul of Arnold Nugent; for his family and friends; and for all those who mourn his loss.
For all those sick and suffering from the Coronavirus, may they recover quickly and completely.
Please Pray for Our Priests
Rev. Joseph C. Tranchina; Rev. Lee Poche; Rev. Daniel Okafor; Rev. Msgr. Terry B. Becnel; Rev. Paul H. Desrosiers; Pope Francis; Rev. Mark Hyde, S.D.B.
Here is a brief prayer that you may want to use:
Eternal Father, we lift up to you these and all the priests of the world. Sanctify them. Heal and guide them. Mold them into the likeness and holiness of your Son, Jesus, the Eternal High Priest. May their lives be pleasing tp you. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen
ADVENT RESOURCES FOR THE FAMILY
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year at SMM
THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
3rd Grade Birthdays in December on WSMM on Monday, December 14
4th Grade Birthdays in December on WSMM on Tuesday, December 15
6th Grade Birthdays in December on WSMM on Wednesday, December 16
7th Grade Birthdays in December on WSMM on Thursday, December 17
SINCE PARENTS ARE STILL NOT ALLOWED ON CAMPUS, YOU MAY VIEW THE WSMM MORNING SHOW LIVE ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE MONDAYS THROUGH THURSDAYS AT 8:10 AM. WSMM WILL BE POSTED ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AFTERWARDS AT SAINT MARGARET MARY SCHOOL @ SLIDELL
IMPORTANT - NEW COVID QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS
Coach Gay sent an email with the new guidelines earlier this week. It is important that all parents are aware of and follow these guidelines, so we are listing them here again.
The CDC published new guidelines for quarantine periods. The LA Department of Health, the LA Department of Education, and the Archdiocese have adopted these guidelines.
FOR STUDENTS/TEACHERS QUARANTINING AT HOME WITH A COVID POSITIVE PERSON IN THE HOUSE:
1. There is a 10 day period in which the child or teacher may still be infected by the contagious person.
2. After the 10 days has expired, beginning on the 11th day, there is an additional quarantine period of either 7 or 10 days.
3. The student or teacher may be tested for COVID on the 6th or 7th day after the initial 10 days. If the test is negative, the exposed person may return to school on the 8th day with confirmation of the negative test and no symptoms. Documentation of the negative test must be provided to the school.
4. If the student or teacher elects not to be tested, he/she may return to school on the 11th day after the initial 10 days provided he/she has no symptoms.
FOR STUDENTS/TEACHERS QUARANTINING WITHOUT A COVID POSITIVE PERSON IN THE HOUSE:
1. The student or teacher may be tested for COVID on the 6th or 7th day after the initial contact with the positive person. If the test is negative, the exposed person may return to school on the 8th day with confirmation of the negative test and no symptoms. Documentation of the negative test must be provided to the school.
4. If the student or teacher elects not to be tested, he/she may return to school on the 11th day after contact if he/she has not experienced any symptoms.
In all cases where a student/teacher has been exposed to a person with a positive COVID test, the LDOH recommends that he/she receive a COVID test on the 6th day or later because it can take up to 10 days after exposure for symptoms to arise.
If a student or teacher tests positive OR comes in direct contact with a positive COVID person, please call Coach Gay Knock immediately to discuss your options.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
ST. MARGARET MARY PARISH BLOOD DRIVE
Cafeteria Menus December 14 - 17
Monday, December 14
HOT: Sweet Heat Meatballs; Mac n' Cheese; Baked Beans; Chilled Applesauce; Milk
SANDWICH: Hamburger on Bun; Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles; Baked Beans; Chilled Applesauce; Milk
Tuesday, December 15
TACO TUESDAY: Soft Beef Taco; Shredded Cheese; Shredded Lettuce & Chopped Tomatoes; Golden Corn; Fresh Fruit; Cinnamon Stick; Milk
Wednesday, December 16
HOT: Chicken Parmesan Pasta; Caesar Salad; Chilled Strawberries; Milk
SANDWICH: Chicken Tenders; Fries; Caesar Salad; Chilled Strawberries; Milk
Thursday, December 17
HOT: Loaded Nacho Supreme Bowl; Shredded Cheese; Lettuce & Tomatoes; Golden Corn; Chilled Pears; Milk
SANDWICH: Cheese Pizza; Golden Corn; Chilled Pears; Milk