Your news source for Mansfield High School
From the Principal's Desk...
May 15, 2020
Here are the key updates for the week:
- Instructions for Senior "Locker Clean Out" pick up/drop off will be sent shortly to all seniors and their parents/guardians. Please look for it and give it a close read.
- Instructions for "Locker Clean Out" for all other students will be forthcoming in the next week or so, and pickup/drop off will take place in June. Please begin pulling together all text books, uniforms, and other items that are school property in anticipation of the return.
- Progress reports for all underclass students will be made available via the Aspen/X2 portal on May 27th. We will send out instructions for access prior to release; please remember that grading for Q4 is on a Pass/Fail basis (check out the MHS Remote Learning Plan grading system on the MPS COVID-19 website).
- Many thanks to the Boosters and especially to Roberta Sullivan for the beautiful banner installed at MHS today- #apartwearetogether- (see below).
- Students, be sure to vote for your Class Officers! See below for details.
- Check out our MHS Art Show 2020 below.
Please continue to look for regular communication from me on Fridays. I will archive all communication on the MPS COVID-19 website (click on “School Resources” side tab, and then on “Mansfield High School”) so that you can locate it easily.
2020 MHS Art Show
Many thanks to members of our art department for pulling together a slideshow of art works from this school year. We'll miss not having the District Art Show this year, but we can still enjoy the fantastic artworks created by our talented students!
Click on the link to view:
Class Officer Elections
Election Day is Tuesday, May 19th! Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors it is time to elect your Class Officers for next year. Be on the lookout for an email from Mr. Tichacek on Tuesday morning in order to elect your next leaders. Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.
National History Day Competition
Congratulations to our MHS students who placed in this year's National History Day competition at the state level.
Albina Khodos (a freshman!!!!) received the Marilyn Ross Memorial Book Prize in Women's and Gender History as well as Honorable Mention for her individual exhibit titled, "Right to Rainbow: How Denmark's Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Couples Broke Through Barriers of Discrimination for Homosexuals."
Danielle Donovan received the Best Use of Local Special Collection for her individual exhibit titled "Revolution by Murder: The Shot that Shocked the World."
Isabelle Conway received Honorable Mention for her individual performance titled "Kathrine Switzer: Running to Break Barriers in Women's Athletics."
There were over 600 projects at this competition so it is a huge honor for these students. As this year's contest was digital, all of these projects had been submitted digitally.
Fourth Block Rotation Calendar
Date (class meeting during 4th block)
Key Dates for Your Calendar
Bus Transportation 2019-2020
All bus transportation information, including forms and routes, is available on the District Home Page. Please click here: Bus Transportation.
Mary Watkins, Principal
Zachary Abrams, Assistant Director, Special Education
Abigail Barlas, Assistant Principal, Student Support Services
James Schliefke, Assistant Principal, Grades 9 & 11
Timothy Tichacek, Assistant Principal, Grades 10 & 12