FAMILY PLACE NEWSLETTER
- We've had no more!! Number is still 3! We're meeting our goal. But one more and we don't.
- Thank you to Labrita and Anita for doing discharge rounds! Charge nurses- thank you for keeping up with this on the weekend.
- Patients get an envelope and are asked about help at home and written instructions to be given are reviewed!!
- We have not made a huge impact we can see yet, so we're gonna add to this great process a one page discharge sheet focusing on the discharge areas soon!
- Holding strong just over 80% tile. Treat each other with courtesy and respect and use language of caring.
- Final Rate is 68.57%!!!! Unbelievable! Our unit is being noticed by the system, and we are the highest in the system for March!!
- Keep up the great work and be sure to look at orders. Do not accept orders for both. Talk to the nurse entering the order of you see this. There was some confusion.
- Many of the staff who volunteered to do the LER education have completed it and are enjoying it!! You all will get it starting in July! We may have the ones who have completed it functioning a role of support when the need arises and there's no night shift coverage. We requested another full time night shift lactation nurse for July as well!!
- Be sure if your mom requests a bottle and she is breast to follow the escalation process. You must enter an order for formula. Every chart is being audited.
- Glucose Management Updates
- Please do not repeat your newborns bedside glucose. Always use the first value you get.
- If the result is less than 40 send a serum.
- Do not delay treatment by waiting for the serum glucose value to return.
- New Adult Crash Cart. Roving in-service during the month of April for you to look and see.
- Clinical Coach Class for anyone who would like to serve in the role as a clinical coach to our new hires. Upcoming classes: May 18th, August 17th, October 19th. PIL registration is required. Name:Competent clinical coach. 8 CEUs will be provided.
- Clinical Coach Coffee Book Club - Mastering Precepting: A Nurses Handbook for Success - Meets the third Thursday of every month from 0930-1030 in classroom A-D (concourse level). Great PNAP opportunity.
- New Beginnings book changes. Please refer to the poster at the core and familiarize yourself with the changes to the new beginnings book.
LANGUAGE OF CARING
All modules are mandatory and you are all accountable to get to the 30 minute module.
Our winner with the most Practicing Presence recognition:
Our winner for giving the most Practice of Presence recognition:
Thank you ladies for your dedication to language of caring!!
April and May habit builder is Acknowledging Feelings!! Are you the next winner?
- Employee engagement survey is live!! Now through April 17th! When you complete your survey, be sure to see your charge nurse for a lunch ticket :) Remember all the great things that have happened and all we are still working towards.
- OB hospitalist and OBED - There will be 8 full time docs. 2 at all times. Medical staff will get pictures for us, but we're in transition, so not yet!!
There are three OB hospitalists that have started so far. As they become more fully staffed, we will start to have meetings together as a service line. I know this has been a time of transition and at times it has been a little weird having doctors show up you haven’t met.
So far, the MD’s who have started are:
Dr. Vanessa Miller
Dr. Rachana Sutaria
Dr. Brandi Compton-Joseph
I have not been supplied with pictures, but I am sure many of you have already had encounters.
- FY17 budget- looking promising!! 3 couplets, with 4 sometimes when necessary. Volumes are hard to predict at times!! When I get a report of what is approved for equipment, I will post it so you have more to look forward to!
SCHEDULING REMINDERS AND UPDATES
- Thank you all who have worked extra in times of need.
- The day shift scheduling committee had its first meeting and is looking at the requests from the engagement committee.
- Night shift will have its own meeting. Different shifts. Different needs.
- Letters of intent were due April 1
- Applications are due June 1
- Bonuses go into effect July 1
- Tentative bonus structure:
- PNAP-P 200.00 per month
- PNAP-E 300.00 per month