Viscosity investigating 5 liquids
by jasnil group 5
A stop watch
A tap measure
A ramp – a table and two tote trays (secured with masking tap).
30mls of each different liquid to test (water, oil, tomato sauce, honey and mayonnaise)
A plastic drop cloth to catch the messCalculators
2) Set your stop watch to zero
3) Tip one liquid at a time from the ramp. Remember to communicate with your group to ensure the timer starts as you tip the liquid.
4) Let the liquid flow for the set time you have decided and measure the distance travelled.
5) Clean your ramp for the next test.
6)Repeat for each type of liquid, recoding your results as you go.
7)Clean your ramp for the next test.8)Tip one liquid down the ramp and time how long it takes to reach the bottom.
9)Record your results in the table.
10) Repeat for each type of liquid, recording results as you go.
11) Record each groups result as they become available.
12) Using the calculator determine the mean distance and spread each liquid.