It's a Brand New School Year!
Mrs. Hutchins' Class August 2017
Welcome to our fabulous first grade family in room 204!
Important dates you need to know:
Aug. 12 First Time Bus Riders 9:00am-12:00pm @ Heritage Middle School
Aug. 17 "Meet the teacher" Open House/Ice Cream Social 5-6
August 21 First Day of School
Sept. 4 No School Labor Day Observed
Sept. 6 Curriculum Night 5:30-6:30
Things to help my child have a great start to the school year!
- Help your child learn their 6 digit Student ID. Your child will use this number for technology in the classroom as well as purchasing a school lunch.
- Talk your child through the first few days of school. Discuss your morning routine, how your child will get to school, the length of the school day (including lunch, recess, art, music, and gym) and finally, how your child will get home after school. These conversations will help your child feel more confident as they adjust to the longer school day, as well as other new and exciting changes of being a 1st grader.
- Lunchtime in the cafeteria is a new experience for most 1st graders and can be very overwhelming. I suggest packing your child’s lunch for the first few weeks of school. Early in the year lunch lines can be long and packing your child’s lunch will ensure they get enough time to eat as well as having access to food you know they will enjoy.
- Host mock "lunches" with your child (using their lunch boxes or walking with items on a plate from the kitchen to the table). Practice using restaurant manners and cleaning up after themselves; 2 big expectations of S's in our cafeteria at Alton Darby.
- Starting about a week before school, help your child get back on a school schedule so they will be well-rested and have a great start to the school year!
How can I stay connected?
- Connect and become familiar with our class Canvas page. You can find our page through HAC (Home Access Center).
- Subscribe to our classroom Remind account:
Text this number: 81010
In the Message area type: @c8g33
- Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hutchinshub Here I will post pictures and descriptions of what we did during our school day.