The Storm Forecast
November 22, 2021
Dear Students and Families
I am grateful for the beautiful, diverse, funny, and amazing student body that we have. I am grateful for a dedicated and caring faculty and staff.
While the return to school in these pandemic times has not always been easy, the Storm family persevered, we are working together, and are forging ahead, and continue to strive to do the best for our students and staff.
On behalf of the administration, faculty and staff of San Jose Prep, I want to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving.
A message from our Headquarters office regarding facemask update
BYOM- Bring Your Own Mask
Please make sure that your students bring their masks to school. We cannot provide masks for every student every day. Please remember that we are following San Jose Schools policy and doing everything we can to keep everyone healthy.
Before and after school care
Do you need them to stay in an after school program?
San Jose Schools has both before and after school care programs.
Before care is from 6:30am-7:30am
After care is from 2:45pm-6:00pm
Interested? Go to:
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday shopping on Amazon?
If you shop at smile.amazon.com, the site is identical to the regular Amazon site, however, a % of your purchase will be donated back to the school. Simply go to your Amazon Smile settings and designate River City Education Inc (our Board of Directors) as your charity. That's it!
Now you just keep shopping and it will help the school at the same time!
Got questions? We've got you!
The chart below lays out the appropriate communication steps for reaching out to school staff about your student. Following the communication protocol will be the best way to resolve your concerns.
- Classroom concerns should always be addressed with the teacher first, not administration. The teacher has first hand knowledge of what is happening on a daily basis in the classroom and can give you the most accurate information in a more timely manner
- Any time that you want to set up a conference, email email@example.com and a member of our team will reach out to you to schedule it
We are here to work with you for the success of your student.
If your student is involved in an emergency....
Please go to your Focus parent portal and update all of your information.
- Log in to your Focus parent portal
- Go to the left hand column
- under your student's name, you will see a small menu
- Click on Forms Summary
- Click on the link for Emergency Contact Information & Authorization to Release Student from School
- Fill out all the fields
- Click submit
Parking on campus
Parking permit registration paperwork can be found on our website under the Students tab. Go to Student Forms and click on Parking Decal Registration.
Decal registrations are turned in to Ms. Thurlow.
Parking lot safety
While we understand that it can be frustrating, it is important that everyone follow safety protocols while on campus. We have had multiple incidents of parent cars almost hitting our staff due to speeding or shortcutting the system.
Please work with us to keep our staff and your students safe.
Some other safety issues:
- If you live across the street, you and /or your students cannot run across Sunbeam Rd. All pedestrians need to cross at the designated crosswalks.
- Please do not stop your car on Sunbeam Rd to drop off or pick up your students
- if you are turning left onto campus, please do not block Sunbeam Rd...you can easily get T-boned and serious injury can occur
- Don't speed in the school zones
- The center parking lot is not a pick up/drop off zone!
- Please remember that the properties adjacent to Prep are private property and are NOT pick up/drop off zones. Business owners are about to call police on parents on their properties. This includes the doctors' office complex next to the school, Hospice, and Padawan Academy.
We thank you in advance for helping us keep everyone safe.
- Athletic pants- joggers, sweats, leggings, athletic shorts, etc... are not allowed. Only khaki style pants and bermuda shorts are allowed
- Skirts and shorts must be no higher than 2 inches above the knee
- Students must be wearing school issued polo shirts.
Students who are in violation of uniform dress code will be sent to ISS
Uniform skirt length
Skirt length also applies to Dress for Success Thursdays.
Parent and Family Engagement Plan
Parent Resource Center
We have a variety of resources available to you- from books that you can check out, computer stations that you can use, financial aid information, community resources, and more.
Check in at the front desk and sign in at the Parent Resource Center desk.
November 15- Progress reports- check Focus!!!
November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break- NO SCHOOL
November 29-Dec 4: Homecoming Week
December 13-17: Holiday Spirit Week
December 20-January 3: Winter break
January 4: Back to school