LHS Counseling - Welcome Back!
Mrs. Warner - Students Last Name A-F
Mrs. Alfano - Students Last Name G-L
Mr. Dougherty - Students Last Name M-Ra
Ms. Rushton - Students Last Name Re-Z
We primarily divide up students for the purposes of monitoring grades, credits, scheduling, and progress toward graduation. All counselors are available to assist your student regardless of designated caseload.
Schedules Available Online
For new students and a reminder for returning students, schedule changes are often times very difficult to make. This year is no exception. To give you an idea, last year we averaged about 250 schedule change requests each semester. With about 1500 students in the building, classes having already been balanced to ensure the smallest class sizes possible, and limitations on how many students we can put in each hour, these factors make changes unlikely in most circumstances. Also, due to the large volume of requests we receive, please be patient as we process your request. We will address your request as quickly as we can.
Changes that will be made and that are given top priority:
- If you have a graduation requirement that needs to be on your schedule.
- If there is a conflict with two classes you chose only being offered the same hour.
- If you passed a summer school class and no longer need a class on your schedule.
Changes that are often less likely to be made and are given lower priority:
- Dropping an AP class that you committed to taking. This needs to be approved by an administrator. We cannot replace your spot in these classes and other students were likely denied access to these courses which also required summer work.
- Switching an elective course because you changed your mind or have a friend in the class. We did our best to schedule you into the courses that you selected and most elective classes are full to start the year.
- Requesting a specific teacher. These are often difficult because we have balanced classes to ensure the smallest class sizes.
To submit a schedule change request, please fill out the online Google form:
- 1st Semester Schedule Request*
- Your counselor will reply to your request to the email address you provide. Check your emails!
*Please do not submit multiple request for the same issue. We will process your request as soon as possible. If you have already emailed your counselor with a request, you do not need to fill out a separate schedule request.