The Soaring Eagle
News From The Nest - May 2021
I am so honored to work with LaFayette Eagle students, parents, and teachers. You share similar traits to the beloved sunflower. You have been resilient during the Pandemic and stood tall even when I am sure you wanted to give up. You demonstrated strength as you ensured your children's academic needs were met despite juggling a new "normal" of working from home. You have also had a beautiful atttitude of grace as teachers learned how to teach remotely and communicate in new ways with your family.
Thank you for your positive comments and loyalty in supporting our staff this year through an unsure season. We are excited to gear up for a new school year in the Fall and hope you will enjoy your Summer Break in a few weeks. We still have a few things happening in the coming days ahead, so please take time to review the events below to ensure you are prepared to finish the year strong!
Leave a Legacy,
Field Day Schedule & Remiders
Thursday - 5/27 12:30- 2:30 - Kindergarten & 1st Grade
Friday - 5/28 9:00-11:00 - 4th & 5th Grade
Friday - 5/28 12:30-2:30 - 2nd & 3rd Grade
- It will be hot this week, so please apply sunscreen at home. We are not allowed to apply.
- No sandals please! Tennis shoes are a necessity!
- Send a change of clothes because of water games.
- Do not send your child with clothes that will become transparent when wet.
- Some activities will involve running on the blacktop.
- Send a towel for water events.
- Label your child's items.
Parents that are volunteering will be working a station and not merely just walking around with their child's class. We are limited to the amount of volunteers we can have on campus, so if you are interested, please contact Mrs. Jarman at school before Thursday.
In light of the hot weather, we could use more bottled water for Field Day. Please send in small or regular bottles. We will have popscicles for students and water stations. WE want everyone to stay hydrated!
WIN Time Spirit Week!
Tuesday - June 1st - Soaring Eagle Day - Since you have Soared like Eagles this year, dress in your LaFayette Colors (Blue, Red, White) or a LES t-shirt.
Wednesday - June 2nd - "WIN"esday! We are proud of your winning attitude, overcoming a difficult year, and how you have been TEAM players! You are all WINNERS!! Wear your favorite Team Jersey
Thursday - June 3rd - Hat's off to 5th Grade! Let's honor our 5th Grade as they are promoted to Middle School. Wear your favorite hat. Decorate it, or make your own. Remember to "tip" your hat when you see a 5th Grader.
Friday - June 4th - BEACH DAY! "Your Future is SO Bright, You will need to wear shades" Wear your sunglasses. Decorate them if you choose!
Fifth Grade Promotion Ceremony
Griggs - 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Madsen - 9:15 am - 9:45 am
Wallace -10:00 am - 10:30 am
Wood - 10:45 am - 11:15 am
Kindergarten Luau - Thursday 6/3 @ 1pm - Outside the Art Hut
- Sullivan 6/2 @ 1pm - Classroom
- Jones - 6/2 @ 1pm - Front Lawn
- Almond - 6/3 @ 1pm - Classroom
- Arthur - 6/2 @ 1pm - Picnic Tables
- Brush - 6/3 @ 1:30pm - Classroom
- Kaiser - 6/3 @ 1:30pm - Classroom
- Peterson - 6/3 @ 1:00pm - Classroom/Outside Classroom
- McDonald - 6/3 @ 1:00pm - Classroom
- Folli - 6/3 @ 1:00pm - Classroom
- Crist - 6/3 @ 1:45pm - Classroom/Outside Classroom
- Parker - 6/3 @ 1:30pm - Main Playground
- Heston - 6/3 @ 1:30pm - Classroom/Outside Classroom
- Rose - 6/3 @ 1:45 pm - Classroom
- Thomas - 6/2 @ 1:30pm - Outside of Art Hut
- Nash - 6/3 @ 1:30pm - Classroom
- Johnson - 6/3 1:30pm - Classroom
- Brown - 6/3 1:30pm - Classroom
- Herzog - 12:30pm - Front Lawn
- All Classes - 12:30 - 2:30pm - Front Lawn Celebration & Games
Celebrating Eagle Excellence!
- Everette - 6/4 - 9:00 am
- Fenn - 6/4 - 9:00 am
- Holloway - 6/4 - 9:00 am
- Hocutt - 6/4 - 9:00 am
- Chisholm - 6/3 -
- Sullivan - 6/4 - 9:30 am
- Jones - 6/2 - 9:30 am
- Almond - 6/4 - 9:30 am
- Arthur - 6/4 - 10:00 am
- Brush - 6/4 - 9:30 am
- Kaiser -TBA
- Peterson - 6/3 9:30 am
- McDonald - 6/3 10:00 am
- Folli - 6/3 9:00 am
- England -TBA
- Crist - 6/4 - 9:00 am
- Parker - 6/3 - 9:00 am
- Heston - 6/4 - 9:00 am
- Rose - 6/4 - 9:00 am
- Thomas - 6/4 - 9:00 am
4th Grade - June 4th - 9:00 am
5th Grade - June 3rd - During Promotion Ceremony
A Few Reminders:
- Remember to bring your charger
- Your case should be intact
- Rubber pieces should be on computers
- Computers should be clean
- Drop off at front office area
what's happening in guidance
Thank you for all that you do for the children at Lafayette Elementary. We are always available to offer support. You can contact us at:
Mrs. Williams- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Mercado- email@example.com
finding the little moments
Family Therapist, Virginia Satir once said, " You need 4 hugs a day for survival, 8 hugs a day for maintenance, and 12 hugs a day for growth."
We may not all be huggers but taking a few moments throughout the day to connect with your child is a great way to find out what is happening in your child's life. These little moments will help build a strong relationship. If you have multiple children, try to schedule some individual time with each child.
For more information on ways to stay connected visit: