December 21, 2015
We have two days left before the semester ends. Thank you for all of your hard work and for all that you do for our kids at FHN. They continue to make great strides because of your efforts. I am very lucky to work with such a fantastic group of people.
Happy holidays! See you next year!
Five Quick Facts
- I am blessed with an amazing wife Shannon and two beautiful daughters, Alyson and Camryn along with wonder parents.
- My favorite hobby is spending time at our family farm with my family and friends while participating in numerous outdoor activities.
- My favorite movies at this time are Sling Blade, Tombstone, and the Unforgiven.
- My favorite books are Where the Wild Things Are (Grandma used to read to me all the time), Where the Red Fern Grows, and Beowulf.
- I suffered from Amnesia before 1st grade as a result of being hit by a car while riding a bike leading to a major head injury. As a result, I struggled in 1st grade. My school district never gave up on me. I was able to relearn numerous motor and cognitive skills. Eventually, I found success in school and credit the educational system for my recovery. This experience was very impactful in framing who I am and what I do for a living today. I still have no memory of the accident.
I nominate Stephanie Johnson to go next.
- Congratulations to Malachi Fedderson, who was recognized by the St. Charles County Ambulance District for his brave efforts in attempting to revive an adult who went into cardiac arrest at a football game in October. Ms. Louis-Bauer, his health teacher was there with him. Malachi learned chest compressions in her class.
- Congratulations to our 2015-2016 Teacher of the Year FINALISTS:
· Matthew RIFFEE
· Shelly PARKS
· Tim BESSE
Here is important information for when we return from break:
January 4th: ½ Meeting and ½ Work Day:
7:00-7:30 Breakfast in the commons
7:30-8:30 Faculty Meeting in the commons
8:30-11:00 PLC Work Time
11:00-2:30 Work Day
January 5th: Tech Fest at FHC
January 6th: 1st Day of 2nd Semester
As of Dec 15, FHN has 89.7% of our students attending 90% of the time. The Committee to Improve Attendance is excited that three staff members have already expressed interest in taking part in our Attendance Allies program. Thank you.
Recommendations for starting the semester:
1. Redo seating charts
2. Review your classroom emergency drill procedures
3. Share what interventions you use to help your struggling students (e.g. Study Island, homeroom, staying after on specific days, etc.)
4. Review your classroom expectations with students, including the following:
Your cell phone policy
Traveling in hallways to computer lab, etc.
How to act in the Learning Commons
FHN FIRST SEMESTER EXAM SCHEDULE 2015-16
Friday, December 18, 2015
1st Hour Exam --7:20-8:50 (90 minutes)
Passing Period-- 8:50-8:55 (5 minutes)
2nd Hour Exam-- 8:55-10:25 (90 minutes)
NO THIRD HOUR CLASS
4AB Class--10:30-11:20 (50 minutes)
4BC Class--10:55-11:45 (50 minutes)
4C5A Class--11:25-12:15 (50 minutes)
5AB Class--11:50-12:45 (55 minutes)
4A Lunch--10:25-10:50 (25 minutes)
4C Lunch--11:20-11:45 (25 minutes)
5B Lunch--12:20-12:45 (25 minutes)
NO SIXTH HOUR CLASS
7th Hour Exam--12:50-2:20 (90 minutes)
Monday, December 21, 2015
Homeroom --7:20-8:15 (55 minutes)
Passing Period-- 8:15-8:20 (5 minutes)
3rd Hour Exam-- 8:20-9:50 (90 minutes)
Passing Period-- 9:50-9:55 (5 minutes)
4th Hour Exam-- 9:55-11:25 (90 minutes) SCHOOL DISMISSED
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
Homeroom 7:20-8:15 (55 minutes)
Passing Period 8:15-8:20 (5 minutes)
5th Hour Exam 8:20-9:50 (90 minutes)
Passing Period 9:50-9:55 (5 minutes)
6th Hour Exam 9:55-11:25 (90 minutes) SCHOOL DISMISSED
STUDENTS WHO ARRIVE LATE TO CLASS ONCE EXAMS BEGIN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE THE EXAM.
NO STUDENT WILL BE PERMITTED TO TAKE EXAMS EARLER THAN THE DESIGNATED EXAM DATES AND TIMES. STUDENTS MUST TAKE MAKE-UP FINALS ACCORDING TO THE FOLLOWING SCHEDULE.
MAKEUP EXAM SCHEDULE:
Monday, December 21, 2015-- 12:30PM-3:30PM Room 218
Tuesday, December 22, 2015--12:30PM-3:30PM Room 218
Monday, January 4, 2016 --2:30 PM-5:00PM Room 218
Tuesday, January 5, 2016-- 2:30 PM-5:00PM Room 218
STUDENTS MUST HAVE PICTURE ID TO TAKE A MAKE-UP EXAM