Cowboy Proud Cowboy Strong
Week of March 31 - April 4
Our Week at a Glance
March 31 - final walkthough for STAAR
April 1 - STAAR writing (closed campus)
April 2 - STAAR writing (closed campus)
April 3 - STAAR makeup (closed campus)
-Cari Freeland, Wellness Coordinator in Teacher's lounge 11:00 - 1:00
- Faculty Meeting 3:15
April 4 - We are NOT a closed campus. Visitors are welcome to come to school.
Lunch Duty Schedule
The schedule is listed below. Thank you for your assistance in the café on the days listed.
Monday March 31st Stephen
Tuesday April 1st TEACHERS will cover duty (STAAR Writing)
Wednesday April 2nd TEACHERS will cover duty (STAAR Writing)
Thursday April 3rd Kristen
Friday April 4th One teacher from every grade level will need to help please
STAAR Reminders... :)
Please be sure and add to your Grade Level newsletters
Weekly Math Message
Information about Casey's Kids Fun Run (see below)
Closed campus (no visitors for lunch) April 1st, 2nd, & 3rd due to STAAR Writing
Kindergarten Round Up is April 7-11- PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT via FB, Twitter, etc...
Kindergarten Graduation Pictures are April 9
Spring Creek BBQ Spirit Night is April 9th
PTA Meeting is April 10th
Here's to YOUR Health!
Cari Freeland will be in the Teacher’s Lounge during lunch hours on April 3rd to discuss and answer questions about the district’s plans to help support our health & well-being. Ms. Freeman’s background is all about WELLNESS and her passion is HEALTH PROMOTION. Her message is if we can make small life style changes our health will improve!
Billy Joel fan? Listen to this! It also highlights a cool App....
Rigorous Problem Solving with Heather Steen
Professional Development Catalog
You are encouraged to take as many updates as you can over the summer. The Summer Professional Development Catalog is now availabe for you. Updates/trainings required: 6 hour GT, Sheltered Instruction, and HAZCOM, PDAS Refresher. Go to the following link to view what is available to you.
Crochet & Painting Opportunities
Healthy Texas Week
Healthy Texas Week is April 7-13, 2014. Join in to celebrate health, while demonstrating to all of Texas that we are committed to making healthy the norm in our state. All schools are invited to join. You can visit the Healthy Texas Week website to commit to take action.
Casey's Kids Fun Run Facts
- This race will be a true 5K. There will be Chip Time for the more competitive runners. Runners start at 7:30 & Walkers begin at 7:50
- There will be a "Munchkin Mile" run for our youngest up and coming runners
- Shuttle service from Bear Creek Intermediate School
- Funds are distributed through our campus counselors as they become aware of needs.
- A majority of the time, the families in need do NOT ask for help. Most often, contact is initiated by one of our counselors.
- This program doesn't just serve our economically disadvantaged families. Some of our KISD families suffer from life changing events (divorce, death of a spouse, house fire, etc.) and need a hand from time to time.
- This program is a one-time helping hand for students in need in KISD. ALL funds brought in are kept LOCALLY and serve only our Keller ISD families!
- Please invite our families to join on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CaseysKids5KFunRun