The Knightly News
Late Summer Edition
It's beginning to look a lot like SCHOOL!!!
Logistics, Logistics and More Logisitics
-Teacher assignments will be made available to parents on Friday, August 21st. You will be able to check Power School beginning at 9am for your child's assignment. Don't have access to PowerSchool? Please contact our PowerSchool Clerk, Stephanie Stafford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Meet the Teacher will be virtual for all grades! Teachers will host small group virtual sessions at 10am, 12:30pm and 5pm. Some teachers have decided to host individual sessions with families. Once the teacher assignments are released, teachers will let you know what they plan to do in terms of their meeting options.
-Due to not having an "in-person" Meet the Teacher event, we will offer designated times for parents to come to the school on Thursday, August 27th to pick up any district associated materials such as free and reduced lunch applications, drop off medications to the school nurse, pick up car rider tags, etc. In addition, we invite you to bring your child's bookbag so that we can affix a tag to it indicating if they are an "A day" or "B day" student for the first few weeks of school. The times for material pick up will be 9-12 and again from 2-4. The event will take place outside the front of the school and we encourage you to wear masks and practice appropriate social distancing.
-Bus Routes will be released by the transportation department on Friday, August 21st. Check the FMSD website for additional information.
Times, they are a changing...
School will be a bit different this year, but your children will still receive an excellent education with a building of fully certified teachers that are excited to welcome them! A few changes:
- Recess will be held outside but will be enjoyed within the family model. Students will play with the other students in their class only. Each class will have an assigned space that their class is restricted to during the recess time.
- Breakfast and lunch will be enjoyed in the classroom. Meals ordered from the cafeteria will be delivered to students.
- Outside food is NOT allowed this year. Please do not bring your child food from local restaurants, etc.
- Many of you like to help your child celebrate their birthday with outside food. Due to the fact that the district is no longer allowing that option, they have provided a different option. Follow the link for more information: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerUhJFoBRLXbA6efAjOLpRU5O4g64LHyBTUt9nGkQdn7nzNg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0
- As a reminder, the FMSD has a facial covering mandate. All students and staff are expected to wear either a mask or a face shield. The teachers will work to build in a few mask breaks for students as long as they are behind the plastic shields installed at their desks.
The First Few Days...
We want to see our families...LAST CALL!
Vital information for KTES
Kings Town Elementary
1774 Masons Bend Drive
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Telephone Number: 803-396-3400
Fax Number: 803-396-3434
School Principal: Mrs. Jocelyn Young
School Assistant Principal: Ms. Nicole Randolph
School Assistant Principal: Mr. Matthew Savage
School Receptionst: Mrs. Rebecca Morris
School PowerSchool/Registrar: Mrs. Stephanie Stafford
School Bookkeeper: Ms. Keria Sanders
You can follow this link for the rest of the directory: https://ktes.fortmillschools.org/directory
All things PTO...
Want to know who our school sponsors are?
Want to rent one of our TWO spirit rocks?
Need KTES Spirit Wear?
Want to get more involved?
Visit our PTO at: