North Pointe News
December 1, 2019
Congratulations to our Terrific Kids for November! They were recognized for being grateful in character!
- Interim Reports go home
North Pointe night at Firehouse Subs. North Pointe will receive 10% of all receipts between 6-8 PM.
- MAP Reading Test for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grades
- MAP Reading Test for Kindergarten, 4th and 5th Grades
- PTO Board Meeting, 8:15 am (all parents invited)
- Our Chorus will go Caroling around Anderson
- 2nd Grade Field Trip to Peace Center
North Pointe night at Anderson Axe Throwing. North Pointe will receive 15% of receipts. Be sure to give teacher’s name and grade.
- MAP Math Test for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grades
- MAP Math Test for Kindergarten, 4th and 5th Grades
- 5th Grade Art Show (5:00-5:45) and Performance (6:00)
Thank you from Mrs. McGregor
You are such a giving community!
School Spirit Store - Deadline Dec. 6th
Please see the link below for online ordering of North Pointe items. The deadline for ordering is December 6th. This gives the company time to place the order and deliver before the winter break. We will disperse to your child upon arrival or you can pick up in the office.
Milk and Cookies with Santa!
Friday, Dec. 13th, 6pm
3325 North Highway 81
WINTER BREAK ----- DECEMBER 23 through JANUARY 3
Morning Car Riders
We are closely monitoring our morning drop off and number of tardies.
There are a few things that you can do to help us with the congested traffic between 7:45-7:55 daily.
- Arrive between 7:15 and 7:45! Traffic moves very smoothly between this time each morning. At 7:45, our 4K program drop off begins and parents crossing the driveway causes backup at times.
- Ride the Bus! We have a very low percentage of students who ride the bus to school in the mornings.
- Carpool! Many of our families live in the same neighborhoods. Carpooling is helpful to everyone!
- Do not walk your child in to school unless you are late. Those who park in the front and walk in cause traffic backup in the car line. This can be prevented if you will drop off in the right lane.
I sincerely appreciate your help with our growing pains!
District Calendar Change - IMPORTANT
Monday, June 1: 11:00 Dismissal
Tuesday, June 2: Full Day of School
Wednesday, June 3: 11:00 Dismissal
Thursday, June 4: 11:00 Dismissal (Last Day of School for Students)
Because of this change to the schedule, we have to move our Awards Day for 1st and 2nd Grades to Thursday, May 28th. 1st and 2nd are the only grade-levels affected by this change. We will announce times closer to the date.
Carolina Wren Park: Skate Night!
Students sign in at the table there. This is where we get our count. Skate aids are available for $3 each. Skate rental is included in admission.
Hope to see you all there!
Box Tops Update!
From our Box Tops PTO Chairs, Lyndsey Cole and Lori Howard:
Hello Parents! Just a reminder to SCAN those receipts when you shop to help raise money for our school! If you don’t already have the app all you have to do simply download the BoxTops app on your smart phone and scan your receipt every time you shop. Our school will then receive credit for the BoxTop items that you purchased! So easy! So please visit your app store and download this app as soon as possible!
Thank you for your support in helping to raise money for our awesome school!