Hello Chipmunk Families,
Thank you for joining us at Parent Teacher Conferences, we enjoyed our time together talking about your amazing kiddos. We will be returning to school and exploring all that is Easter and celebrating that Jesus is ALIVE! We will also learn what E.A.S.T.E.R. stands for in the resurrection eggs. Through the different colors of jelly beans, we will learn the Prayer of Easter and what Easter means.
For the rest of April, we will be learning about the life cycle of Butterflies and Ladybugs. We will continue to work on fine motor through many different cutting, play-dough, and grasping activities.
Spring on the farm…We will look at and learn about farm animals, planting on the farm, bugs and so much more.
Ms. Gabby & Ms. Kirstin
April at a Glance
- Resurrection Eggs
- The 4 seasons in a bottle
- Life cycles of plants and animals
- Planting Flowers
- Egg Stamping
- Tape Resistant Water Color
- Tractor Prints
- Chick Painting
- Bubble Wrap Prints
- Ladybug Spots
- The Easter Story
- Twas The Night Before Easter
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Chick
- Down on the Farm
- Spring Animals
- Old MacDonald
- Number - 9
- Shape – Diamond
- Color - Yellow
- Letters – Y, E, Q, Z
School Wide News
Scholastic Book Fair Re-Cap
Thank you so much for your support of our first annual Scholastic Book Fair! It was so fun to see children and parents so excited about books and reading together. Thanks to your support we raised a little over $800 in Scholastic Dollars that will come back to the school in the form of new books and classroom materials offered by Scholastic. We will be able to add some much needed new books that align with our curriculum themes to the school’s main library shared by all of the classrooms, and each individual classroom will be able to revamp their reading center with fun new titles. Thank you!
Waterstone Preschool Summer Camp
Waterstone’s STORYBOOK SUMMER programming is coming soon! Online registration begins Monday, April 9th. Click here for full details and registration instructions.
- Class pictures will be for sale in the next few weeks. Watch your child’s check-in area to see a proof of your child’s class picture, an order sheet and payment envelope. Pictures are $10 each. The final prints will be delivered before the last day of school. It is a great way to remember your child’s friends from the school year.
- Individual pictures: It’s not too late to order your child’s individual school portrait. The galleries will be taken off of the website on May 15th. Please follow the directions below:
- Click here to access the site. Or go to: http://laurasmithphotography.pixieset.com.
- The galleries are in alphabetical order by last name. Once you find your child you can access their gallery by using your child's name as the password (first letter capitalized). If you have more than one child in the program, their photos will be together in the same gallery and the password will be your youngest child's name. If you have any questions, please email Laura, at email@example.com.
Field Day/End of Year Celebration – May 14th and 15th
What better way to celebrate the end of a great school year than with an afternoon of fun games and activities! Please join your child at 12pm on the last day they attend, either Monday, May 14th or Tuesday, May 15th. As usual, students will need to pack a lunch. Each class will eat around 11:30am in their classrooms. Then, parents can join the events from 12:00-1:30pm. We hope you will join our celebration!
April Fruit of the Spirit: Peace
-Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
Mark your Calendars!
March 20 or 21
NO SCHOOL-Spring Break