October 10, 2016
SEE YOU AT SCIENCE CONVENTION 2016!
The 40th annual Convention will be held Tuesday & Wednesday, October 25 & 26, 2016 at the Princeton Marriott Forrestal.
This year's banquet speaker is Dr. David Gallo, Senior Advisor for Strategic Initiatives at the Center for Climate and Life of the Earth Institute at Columbia University. Dr. Gallo will be speaking about Deep Sea - Deep Secrets: The Many Wonders of Neptune's Realm. Banquet tickets can be purchased separate from convention registration here.
NJSELA MEMBER PRESENTATIONS
- Meegan Adames & Alicia Killean - NGSS Instruction and Learning – What Does It Look Like Across Grade Levels? - Program #98
- Kristen Crawford - What Do Science Practices Look Like in the K-2 Classroom – Program #28
- Jennifer Cusmano-King – Inspire Students with STEM Career Pathways Programs: A Step by Step Approach – Program #22
- Kevin Doyle - Chemical Management, Safety, and Compliance – Program #18
- Kim Feltre - K-5 Forces, Motion, & Energy Hands-On NGSS Lessons – Program #31, I Attended NGSS PD...Now What? - Program #62
- Kathy Kennedy - Beyond Biology: Integrating Engineering into the High School Life Science Classroom – Program #54
- Kristina Nicosia - Standards Based Grading – Program #15, Google Apps for Education- For Beginners #32, For Intermediate Users #136, For Advanced Users #66
- Tom Paterson - STEM Data Collection at the Theme Park! – Program #71
- Vicky Pilitsis - Cross Cutting Concepts in Elementary Science Classrooms, Program #115
NJSELA MEMBER ROUNDTABLE
This year's convention meeting will be on Wednesday, October 26 from 2:30 - 3:30 pm.
We will be asking members for "needs assessment" ideas that will help the executive committee plan the NJSELA objectives for the year. If you are unable to attend the meeting at Convention, please give us your feedback by filling out this form.
BTANJ PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Visit their website at: http://www.btanj.org/