St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: May 1, 2020
Jesus said, "Come to Me"
Our 2nd grade children are ready to receive Holy First Communion. Alas, we must wait a bit longer for the world to allow us to gather in church. In the meantime, our 8th grade students, with the help of Mrs. Sligar, put together a special message for our 2nd grade.
Thank you, Mrs. Kneesel, Mrs. Colbert and Mrs. Sayegh, for your dedication and service in forming these children in faith. You teach by word and example and may these little ones continue to grow in wisdom, understanding, and grace.
We look forward to celebrating our students and their Holy First Communion in September.
4th Sunday of Easter Reflection
Field Day was a HUGE success even in this virtual world! Thank you for sharing your creative ideas and games with us! Scroll down to watch a highlight video put together by Mrs. Palacio!
In fact, shout out to Mrs. Palacio for helping us get the day started with this great video too!
Teacher Appreciation Week!
May 4th through May 8th
This week, we purposefully honor and give recognition to our nation’s educators for the difference they make inside and outside of a school context. This year more than ever, we recognize their importance in our daily lives.
This week celebrates ‘inspiration’. Many of our teachers and educators across the country have looked for creative and imaginative ways to ignite that light within their student’s year after year. So, we celebrate and give thanks for our teachers hard work and commitment, making the future of those they teach much brighter.
At St. Viator Parish School, we THANK GOD for the dedication, faith formation, and commitment to academic excellence!
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK: May 4th - May 8th
Meaningful Monday: May 4, 2020
Share something a teacher or staff member has taught you! It can be academic related or a life lesson that has stuck with you. Send these via email to email@example.com with the subject MEANINGFUL MONDAY. Please submit by 5pm Sunday 5/3/2020
- Didn't make the deadline, post appreciation video or note to ViatoriansRus!
- Dress like a teacher day! Have fun, we look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Tuesday: May 5, 2020
- Cinco de Mayo, celebrate the day in style
- PTO would have celebrated with a festive Taco Tuesday feast. Do the same!
Watercolor Wednesday: May 6, 2020
- Get out those art supplies! Make your finest creation and email it to your teacher! Jr High, please send to your homeroom teacher. If you aren’t feeling artistic, email your teacher a famous work of art that made you think of them and tell them why!
- Wear watercolors today.
Please say a prayer for our Class of 2020 today. We should be celebrating their last school Mass together followed by the blessing of their legacy tiles.
Thursday: May 7, 2020
- Extreme BLUE AND YELLOW DAY -- no limit! Make it EXTREME! Colored face paint, blue hair - go for it!
Flashback Friday: May 8, 2020
- Travel back in time today!
- Scroll through those camera rolls! Post all your flashback pics with our wonderful teachers and staff on the Viatorians R Us Facebook page! Let’s have fun and see those flashbacks! #FBF #TAW
- Wear your favorite flashback period clothes. Are you feeling like the 50th Day of School? 100th Day? 70s? 90s? Uniform?
Saturday, May 9, 2020
- Eighth grade would have left for their trip to Washington DC today. Wear RED, WHITE, and BLUE in support of this terrific class!
Sunday, May 10, 2020
- Submit your talent video to firstname.lastname@example.org for STALLIONS GOT TALENT! See Below!
Check out last week's highlights...
Save the Date: Tuesday, May 12th
STALLIONS TALENT SHOW!
Birthdays in Pandemic
Thoughts on Parenting during a Pandemic
Blue or Yellow -- who won?
And the winner is....YOU!
All fees and school financial obligations must be completed by Friday, May 15th in order for your child to receive their final report card and materials. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact Renee Alex, 732-4477x105, email email@example.com
8th Grade Field Trip Update:
We received an update on the 8th Grade class trip refunds. WorldStrides will be sending the refund, minus the deposit, about eight weeks after the original departure date, in our case 5/9, so you should be receiving early July. Please keep us posted.