LHISD October Board Briefs
Building Champions in Academics, Character, and Community
Greetings Panther Nation,
We are halfway through October, and all campuses are hitting their stride. COVID numbers are to the point where the data shows normal school activities and large gatherings are safe. Concerts, school dances, book fairs, fall festivals, and other activities that make school fun and engaging are starting to take place. Also, due to the decline in numbers, LHISD is not pursuing a virtual option at this time. We want to thank the parents who completed the interest survey. We will continue to use all resources towards the best in-person educational experience possible.
Last week the City of Liberty Hill and LHISD got together for a coordination meeting. The meeting was designed to build a great working relationship between the LHISD Board and City Council and create a solid partnership. We plan to explore opportunities to work together and share resources to benefit the children of LH and the community. Some of the topics on the agenda were traffic on Loop 332, sidewalks downtown, opportunities to expand youth fields, and future infrastructure plans. It was a very beneficial meeting, and we plan to meet quarterly moving forward.
No football game this Friday night, but the Panther Band has a big marching competition Saturday at Gupton Stadium. I am very proud of these young men and women. The performance is amazing, and we hope to see a big crowd Saturday to support our band. Details below.
We had a great board meeting this week, and the Trustees are doing some great things for LHISD. Take a few minutes to read the Board briefs.
Have a great week!
-Steven Snell, Superintendent LHISD
October Board Meeting 10.18.21
Student Panther Champions of the Month:
- Bill Burden Elementary - Addley and Jett Neighbors
- Liberty Hill Elementary - Caleb Jalufka
- Louine Noble Elementary - Caroline Kingslien
- Rancho Sienna Elementary - Sasha Marchenko
- Santa Rita Elementary - Ethan Toscano
- Liberty Hill Middle School - Perry Amthor
- Santa Rita Middle School - Samuel Ndongala
- Liberty Hill High School - Tucker McCann
Teacher Champion of the Month:
- Celeste Ragsdale - Bill Burden Elementary
- Officers Patricia Champion and Jason Wolf - LHISD Police Department
Public Comments. This month we had two public comments.
- Gretchen Peterson, LHISD coach/teacher/community member asked the board to consider naming the high school football field after Coach Jerry Vance and to name the road in front of the field house as Jeff Walker Way.
- Steven Heavrin, community member - masks and vaccines
Communication and Information Items
- General Updates from Superintendent Snell
- Monthly Police Reports
- Construction Update presented by Casey Sledge
- Technology Update presented by Scott Stansbury
- Enrollment. Current enrollment is 6840.
- Financial Report. This report includes updates on tax collection, investments, expenditures, amendments, bond status, and donations.
- Action on Athletic Supplies and Equipment Vendors
- Contracted Services for Student Support Services
- Approved the 2021-2022 District and Campus Improvement Plans presented by Mr. Todd Washburn.
- Approved Joeris General Contractors as the Construction Manager at Risk for Elementary #6 as part of the 2021 Bond Program presented by Casey Sledge.
- Approved Joeris General Contractors as the Construction Manager at Risk for Liberty Hill Middle School Additions and Renovations as part of the 2021 Bond Program presented by Casey Sledge.
- Approved Barlett Cocke General Contractors as the Construction Manager at Risk for Middle School #3 as part of the 2021 Bond Program presented by Casey Sledge.
- Approved Guaranteed Maximum Price #1 to Bartlett Cocke for Santa Rita Middle School Expansion, high School Expansion, and High School Stadium Expansion projects as part of the 2021 Bond Program presented by Casey Sledge.
- Approved Superintendent Snell to negotiate a contract with PBS Custodial Services of Texas from the Request for Proposals presented by Bob Mabry.
The next Board Meeting is Monday, November 15, 2021.
October Champions of the Month
October Champions of the Month
Staff Member of the Month
Officers Patricia Champion and Jason Wolf, LHISD Police Department
Great Crowd and Great Weather
UIL Area Marching Competition
Parade 2 Uplift CC4C Champion
Sunday, the LHHS Football hosted a Parade 2 Uplift their CC4C Champion Child, Jayd'n, with some of our student-athletes, trainers, coaches, cheerleaders, staff, boosters, and community members. The Panther football team is beyond blessed to have Jayd'n as part of their team this season, he keeps the boys smiling and grounded with his laughter and antics!
What a special day for all! Thank you to everyone who came out to cheer on and support an incredible kid.
National Principals Month
As we celebrate National Principals Month, we recognize and thank the men & women who lead our incredible campuses!
Our LHISD principals are dedicated professionals who put the well-being of our students & staff first. They foster a love for learning & trust, building LH champions!
We are honored to have the best!
Come Join our team!
LH Christmas Parade
Get more info, and register your group online at https://experiencelhtx.com/christmas-festival/.