Wesley Chapel High School 8/12/2020
A message from Mr. McDermott
Wildcats, our excitement is building to get started with the 20/21 school year. This promises to be an exciting and challenging year. I want to take a moment to stress the importance of following all of our new procedures as we begin the year. It will be imperative that you follow all of the guidelines to help protect all students and staff.
As schedules were made visible today, please be patient as we look at schedule change requests. Schedule changes will be limited this year as the schedule and our class sizes will dictate if a change is possible. Please see below for schedule change request procedures.
We look forward to working with you all this year to keep our Wildcats safe and on-track in pursuit of their goals.
Schedule Change Procedures
Computer Distribution for mySchool Online Students
Wednesday, Aug. 19th, 9am
WCHS Drop-off Loop
Virtual Student Orientation/Open House
Wednesday, Aug. 19th, 8am
This is an online event.
- All fees will be paid online through Ricor located in myStudent.
- Hallway lockers will be sold through myStudent fees and distributed the first week of school by Mr. Garza in the front office.
- There will be no PE lockers first semester as our PE classes will not be dressing out.
- 9th grade students who did not attend orientation and students who are new to WCHS in grades 10-12, will be permitted to physically tour our campus on August 19. Please wear a mask. Students may bring one adult.
- All teachers will share an introductory video in the Orientation PowerPoint located on the school website. This is an opportunity to get to know your teachers before school begins.
- Traditional class supply lists will be shared by teachers.
- A recommended school supply list for mySchool Online is included in the Orientation PowerPoint.
- Health supply lists are included in the Orientation PowerPoint.
- To register, withdraw students, or requests transcripts from WCHS, please access this link.
School Spirit Masks
Masks must be worn while on campus and we will have Wesley Chapel High School masks for sale if you want to share your school spirit.
Students returning through mySchool Online will need to attend school remotely, following their standard school schedule and bell times. Click here to read more information specific to mySchool Online.
Bus Transportation Information for 2020-2021
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Pasco County School’s Food and Nutrition Services has several important announcements for families. Please listen to the entirety of this message.
School meal accounts can be funded through the MySchoolBucks meal payment service starting on August 15th. Just visit MySchoolBucks.com. You can also view meal history and set spending limits through this service. You also have the option of paying directly in the cafeteria with cash, check, credit or debit. Contactless pay will be available at registers where credit cards are accepted. Students can use contactless cards, or Google Wallet, Android Pay and Apple Pay from their phones.
For students choosing MySchoolOnline, meals will be available for parent pick-up. Details regarding the program will be sent to those households. Please note that meals will only be free to students qualifying for free lunch. Students receiving reduced or paid meals will have their accounts charged based on their status.
If your student will not be returning to school and has money remaining on their account, these funds will stay on their account until they return to school in the future. If you need to request a refund, transfer these funds to another student, or would like them donate them to our hardship fund for students in need, please visit www.pascoschoolmeals.com.
Finally, the free and reduced-price meal application for the upcoming school year is now available at www.PascoSchoolMeals.com. Only one application is needed per household. If already received a Direct Certification letter you do not need to complete an application.
Please contact Food and Nutrition Services with any questions by emailing email@example.com or calling 813-794-2522.
Student Parking Passes
- Students must purchase parking passes ($40) through myStudent fees.
- All parking passes will be distributed during lunches during the first two weeks of school. Mr. Garza will distribute parking passes during lunch only.
- Students must have a copy of their driver's license, registration, and insurance in order to receive a parking pass.
- All new drivers must complete the Safe Behind the Wheel Canvas course located on our school website. Click here to access the course and complete it as soon as possible.
- All students, including students who drove last year, must purchase a new parking pass each year and update all vehicle information.
Emergency Card Information and Directions
The Parent Legal Notices and Emergency Card entry for families has in the myStudent system as of 8-4-20. Emergency cards must be complete before access to myStudent will be available. Please download the step-by-step instructions below for completing the emergency card. If you have questions or need assistance, please email myStudenthelp@pasco.k12.fl.us.