CHES FALCON FOCUS
December 4, 2015
Faculty and staff are responsible for the content of this newsletter.
To report an unplanned absence, call Dr. Cunningham @ 624-9994 or Mrs. Thornton @ 980-5770.
CHANGE IN BUS LOADING PROCEDURES
We will be loading buses in a different manner when students return to school in January. I am providing this information in advance to ensure you have the opportunity to update information and prepare your students.
We will continue to dismiss car riders when the bell rings at 3:15.
We will BEGIN bus loading with FOURTH AND FIFTH GRADE CLASSES.
- Fourth and Fifth grade classes will be dismissed by 3:25 or when all buses arrive at school. When 4th and 5th grade classes are dismissed to load buses, 2nd and 3rd grade classes will line up in their individual door ways and wait to be dismissed. When 4th and 5th grade classes clear the building, 2nd and 3rd grade classes will be dismissed to load buses.
- When 2nd and 3rd grade classes are dismissed to load buses, Kindergarten and first grade classes will line up in their individual door ways and wait to be dismissed. After 2nd and 3rd grade classes clear the building, K and 1st grade classes will be dismissed to load buses.
Classes should exit to the hallway in the order of their classrooms. Teacher should not have students standing in the hallways prior to being called for dismissal. This will notify us of when each grade level has cleared the building. Our goal in changing this process is to keep students calmer in their classrooms in an effort to improve bus behavior and safety and to expedite the process of bus loading by beginning with older students who load to the back of the bus.
Summary of process:
4-5 called to dismiss, 2-3 line up in their door ways
4-5 clear building, 2-3 called to dismiss, K-1 line up in their doorways
2-3 clear building, K-1 dismissed
Your assistance in following this process is greatly appreciated.
Congratulations to Ms. Joy Yarbrough for being selected to represent Cumberland Heights Elementary as the 2015-2016 Distinguished Classroom Teacher.
Congratulations to Mr. Brian Last for being selected to represent Cumberland Heights Elementary as the 2015-2016 Green Apple Teacher
Joy and Brian will be honored at the CMCEA DCT Banquet in May. Information on ticket sales will come next semester. In the meantime, please help me congratulate them for their outstanding service to our profession!
Mrs. Angela Welborn
4th Grade RLA/SS/Writing Teacher
CHES Teacher of the Year
Ms. Joy Yarbrough
3rd Grade RLA/SS/Writing Teacher
Mr. Brian Last
Special Education Teacher, CD
CHES Green Apple Award
SUNSHINE COMMITTEE NEWS
Please remember that Lori Morrison is collecting funds ($10.00) for this year. This helps pay for our Christmas luncheon and end of year luncheon, cakes, gifts, cards, etc. The committee is requesting that everyone contribute their part. Thank you!
Festive Days and Treat Days for the week of December 14-18
- Monday: Red, Green and Jeans Day, SPECIAL ED & SPECIAL AREA treats
- Tuesday: Tree Skirt Day (Be creative)—Men you can wear a tie, K-1-2 treats
- Wednesday: Christmas Hat and/or shirt day, 3-4-5 treats
- Thursday: Tacky Christmas Sweater day, Support Staff treats
- Friday: Favorite Christmas shirt day, Luncheon
Our luncheon will begin at 12:30 in the cafeteria. All faculty and staff are expected to attend. If you plan to bring an alternate lunch (for those who prefer not to each what the committee has ordered), notify Lori Morrison ASAP so extra food is not ordered.
If you are participating in Secret Santa we will reveal after lunch. Please remember your Secret Santa during this week!
Late Bus Duty: KINDERGARTEN
Instructional Week 17
7th B Week C Day
8th B Week O Day
Representative Joe Pitts to visit CHES 9:00
9th B Week N Day
10th A Week F Day
PD Meeting starts at 7:15 in MC.
11th A Week A Day
Late Bus Duty: FIRST GRADE
Instructional Week 18
14th A Week L Day
Safety Team Meeting @ 1:30 in MC
15th A Week C Day
Extended RTI Data Chats 4th, 5th, 1st
16th A Week O Day
Extended RTI Data Chat 2nd, 3rd, K
17th A Week N Day
PD Meeting starts at 7:15 in MC.
18th Day Out of Calendar
½ Day for Students
9:15 Book Parade
JANUARY 4th: Faculty and Staff report to work for staff development.
Students do not report.