healthy snack project
- Dry-roast Semolina (rava) until it just begins to turn brown, then keep aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the cooking oil.
- Add mustard seeds and wait for them to sputter. Then add green chillies and chopped onions and fry until onions caramelize.
- Add vegetables(optional), salt and 2 cups of water, and bring to boil.
- Add the roasted rava, turn down the heat, and mix quickly to avoid lumps forming.
- The upma is done when all the water is absorbed by the rava(semolina).
- garnish with cilantro...and its all done!!!!!
is it healthy?
what is semolina/suji?
Assorted benefits of sooji or semolina for health and diet. Suji, Semolina or Rava are terms used in India to explain a type of grind related to grain.
Endosperm of the durum wheat is used to make a semolina-like version of Sooji. Durum wheat is a special kind of wheat and is different from the one used for baking or bread making. Sometimes a recipe written by an English presenter will have the name "farina" for sooji or sometimes even if they mean something else, they may use the terms such as Sooji which is Semolina or just Rice Sooji. It has multiple names benefits of sooji remains same across places.