By: Cassidy Palazzo
History about Earth Day
The first Earth Day was celebrated in the 1970s. Earth Day became what it is when Gaylord Nelson had an idea of protecting the Earth. Earth day is about keeping the environment clean. About 20 million people participated in the first Earth Day.
Some Interesting facts about Earth Day
- the average human produces more than four pounds of of garbage each day.
- almost half the food in the US goes to waste
- it takes 450 years for plastic to break down in a landfill
- the energy saved by recycling can power a computer for 25 minutes
- by recycling 1 ton of paper, we can save enough energy to heat a home for six months
Ways 2 Go Green Right Now
You can reuse grocery bags by saving your old bad and using them the next time.
You can recycle after your done cutting paper, done a drink, and more.
You can reuse by using clothes that your older siblings handed down.