SAU #34 Community News
SAU #34 Community Newsletter
Hello SAU 34 School Community,
Please scroll down to access a wide range of information and links about what is happening all across SAU #34.
If you have trouble opening any of the links, please scroll to the top and click on the picture of the SAU sign. That will bring you out of the email preview and into the actual newsletter, all the links will work from there.
We are excited to start the 2023-2024 School Year!
Upcoming Important Dates
- August 28 & 29 staggered start for Kindergarten students - families should have received individual letters. If you have not please call H-DES at 603-464-1110
- August 28 First day of school for students in grades 1-9
- H-DHS incoming Freshman start one day before upper grades
- August 29 First day of school for students in grades 10-12
- September 1 & 4 Labor Day Holiday, schools and offices closed
- September 5 Hillsboro-Deering School Board Meeting, 6pm H-DES Library Media Center
- September 7 Hillsboro-Deering Campus Wide Open House
- H-DMS & H-DHS 5-6:30pm
- H-DES from 5:30 - 7pm
- September 11 Washington School Board Meeting, 6pm Washington Elementary School Art Room
- September 18 Hillsboro-Deering School Board Meeting, 6pm H-DES Library Media Center
- September 21 SAU 34 Board Meeting, 6pm Washington Elementary School Multipurpose Room
- September 28 Windsor School Board Meeting, 6pm Windsor Town Hall
SAU #34 Website Calendar
The calendar on the SAU website provides a user-friendly way to selectable event views by building.
By clicking on the calendar name on the left-hand panel, you can hide that particular calendar's events from the larger view. You also can subscribe to a calendar to receive updates and changes to events.
School Food & Nutrition Program
Hello H-DSD Families!
The first days of school are around the corner. To ensure that you and your student(s) are all set for the first days of school, I’ve included some information below.
Let’s make sure we are already for that first day of school!
Please Complete your 2023 -2024 Free and Reduced School Priced Meals Application!
- You an completed online for school district “Hillsboro-Deering School District.”
- You only need to do 1 application per household.
- It takes 5-10 minutes to complete an application and it has possible benefits for you and
- the district that go far beyond the cafeteria!
The benefits, regardless of your household eligibility, for the application outside of the cafeteria
- After School Programs
- Computers and Technology
- Fee waivers for college applications and admission tests
- State and Federal funding for our school
- Resources for teachers, classrooms, and children in schools
ALL APPLICATIONS HELP OUR SCHOOLS
- Please Note: paper copies will be sent with your student and are available in the school office if you prefer paper. You can also contact me, and I am happy to help you!
- All households, regardless of when an application was completed during the last school year, need to complete a 2023-2024 application.
- Log into your EZ School Pay account and check your lunch balance to ensure there’s a positive balance. Any balances from last year will remain positive or negative.
- If you don’t have an account, use your student’s Student ID Number to create an account to see the account balance and keep an eye on spending. You school’s office staff can help you with this, or I am more than happy to!
If I can answer any questions or be of any possible assistance for you, please reach out to me!
Thank you so much. Let’s make this school year great!
Anna Muncy, H-DSD Food & Nutrition Program Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | (603) 464-1160
6 Hillcat Drive Hillsboro NH 03244
News from Across SAU # 34
All Around SAU 34
SAU # 34 Website
The Office of Student Supports
Savings Account program
End 68 Hours of Hunger
The Curriculum Office
Let's get ready for school!
Students in grades 3-8 and 11th grade participate in the NH State Assessment.
Approved Calendars for the 2023-2024 School Year
The Hillsboro-Deering School District Approved the 2023-2024 Calendar on March 6, 2023.