February 17th, 2016
Praise and Prayers
We give praise for a wonderful Sunday morning with great fellowship! We also give praise for many blessed reasons:
- Rev. Zack Martin is giving praise for Rev. Leigh Martin and Lenae Rose. They will be running in the Disney Princess Marathon on Sunday, February 21st.
- Allan and Vicki McDonald celebrated their 29th Anniversary.
- Edwards Family is giving praise for Katherine Edwards celebrating her 88th birthday!!
- Susan Smith is seeking prayers for Janice Billingsley, Chris Mungin and Lemuel Cox for health concerns.
- Rose Bucknor is asking everyone to please pray for her daughter, Erika Dacus, as she is going through chemo.
- Bruce Carey is asking for prayers for Doug Trail. He is undergoing surgery on Thursday to remove a cancerous nodule.
- Kathy Edwards is asking everyone to pray for Millie Barrett, whom is currently in ICU with kidney stones.
- Judy Compton is requesting prayers for Judy Williams (employed with Hightower Trail) and family. Judy's son, Chad passed away recently.
ANSEL ADAMS EXHIBIT
Booth Western Art Museum
501 Museum, Cartersville, GA 30120
Thursday, February 18th
Meeting for carpool at CUMC by 9:30AM
(1 1/2 Hour Drive Please Be On Time)
Leaving Museum by 3:00PM
Contact Mary Jane Lea at email@example.com.
Comprehensive exhibition featuring 26 key works by iconic photographer Ansel Adams set amongst works by his predecessors, peers and contemporary photographers. Includes photographs by Edward Weston, Dorothea Lange, Pirkle Jones, Al Weber, Bob Kolbrener, Robert Weingarten and many others including Atlanta photographers Peter Essick and John Mariana. An affiliate to the Smithsonian Institution, Booth Western Art Museum features contemporary Western art, a Presidential Gallery, Civil War gallery and Sagebrush Ranch interactive children’s gallery.
Welcome Scot Ward this Sunday
Scot Ward is the founder and president of Scot Ward Funeral Services. Scot has two daughters Megan, born in 1994 and Lauren, born in 1997. He lives in McDonough, GA and attends Buckhead Church in Atlanta. His daughter Megan attends North Georgia University and Lauren attends Union Grove High School. Scot often states that he has had some of the best role models a boy could have ever had, referring to his father and grandfather. They taught him a love for the Lord, a love for others and a desire to give back to the Lord and to the community that gives to you.
Welcome Scot and his wife as he fills in for Rev. Zack this Sunday, February 21st.
BAND GEEKS UNITE!!!
If you were ever in a marching band, a majorette group, color guard, or drill team, then join Crossroads UMC Marching Band. If you don’t have an instrument, we’ll find one for you! This will be for fun and spread goodwill by advertising our church.
The City of Conyers
St. Patrick’s Day Parade
Thursday, March 17th at 4:30pm
There will be one practice session Sunday, March 13th at 2:00pm at the church.
This will be easy music. We need kids to throw candy and non-musical people to carry the church banner. There is something for everyone to do.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 28th if you are interested. We already have a gig!