Volumen 16, Edicion 14 - Marzo 3, 2023
2023-2024 Application and Intent Forms!
2023-2024 Application Forms (new students) are now available on our website or click on the link below!
2023-2024 Intent Forms (current students and incoming siblings) were sent home on Tuesday, January 17th! If you have a returning student and/or incoming sibling(s), please fill out an Intent Form for each child. 2023-2024 Intent Forms are available on our website or click on the link below!
Scholastic Book Fair!
It’s time for the Scholastic Book Fair again! For all book sales the school receives a portion of the profits, which allows us to purchase new books for the library, and for teachers to have books in their classrooms. The Book Fair will run from Thursday, February 23rd through Tuesday, March 7th after school from 2:30-3:30 pm. The Book Fair will be open all day during Parent-Teacher Conferences if there are enough parent volunteers to help. If you are interested in volunteering to help run the book fair during open hours or to help set up the book fair after school, please contact Kirsten Mason at 907.315.7753 or sign up on the sheet that will be posted on the library door.
2023 Fronteras Talent Show!
Thursday, March 9th, 1pm
Please reach out to Mr. Eller or Mrs. Brown with questions or to set up an alternate audition time.
¡Bienvenidos! Speaking Group!
For Q4, Sra. Lavea, Sra. Cabret and Sra. Rosa Rivera will be hosting 30-minute after school meetings on Wednesdays for those students, parents, and staff members who want to practice Spanish conversations. Join ¡Bienvenidos! Speaking Group every Wednesday, starting on March 22nd to May 10th from 3:00-3:30pm in Sra. Rosa Rivera's classroom 142.
Bring a notebook, pen, or pencil for taking notes as needed, be ready to speak in Spanish and become more fluent in the language. If you are interested, please complete a short registration form at the link below: https://forms.gle/8WpyD1qfakUws2At8
It's time to order your 2022-2023 Fronteras Yearbook!
- Go to www.treering.com/validate
- Enter school passcode: 1014981488732281
Report Card to the Public!
Report Cards To The Public for sy2021-22 are now available. Click here for MSBSD districtwide: https://education.alaska.gov/compass/Report/2021-2022/33
- MSBSD Graduation rate is 85.76% which we round up to 86%. Among the Big 5, Juneau had the highest at 86.24%.
- Does teacher certification matter or impact achievement? 22% of MSBSD teachers are teaching out of their field. Statewide it’s 20%.
- Does student attendance matter or impact achievement? 4982 MSBSD students (that’s 26%) were absent 15 or more days.
- On AKSTAR ELA, 9% of MSBSD students are advanced, 24% are proficient, 67% are below proficient.
- On AKSTAR Math, 8% of MSBSD students are advanced, 18% are proficient, 73% are below proficient.
- Want to give DEED feed back on the Report Card To The Public? Click the feedback tab to take their survey.
Did Someone Say Mush?
Sra. Lavea’s students are reading their way to Iditarod!
Awesome Student Shout Out!
Congratulations to Theo Stamoolis for receiving a superior rating at district solo contest! Theo played string bass and represented Fronteras well!
Bake It and They Will Come!
Miss Solveig visits the Voleyball bake sale.
Minutos de Sra. Hutchins!
Hello Fronteras Families!
Thank you to all of our school volunteers! Your time setting up and managing the Book Fair, recycling, and traffic control is greatly appreciated!
As we work our way toward spring break, please remind your students to monitor their StudentVue and ensure there are no missing assignments. Report cards are posted Monday, March 20th.
Upcoming March events:
· 9th – Third through eighth grade Spanish Spelling Bee 8:30am in Gym
· 9th – Fronteras Talent Show 1:00pm in Gym
· 13th-17th SPRING BREAK
· 24th – Fiesta de la Primavera Fifth through 8th grade party & dance 5:00pm in Gym
Wishing everyone a fabulous weekend!
“Here comes the sun, and I say, It’s all right.” - The Beatles