December 18, 2015
Thanks to our WatchDogs Mr. Fields, Mr. Roland, and Mr. Helms, and Mr. Bayes for being here to monitor and help out during our very busy day! It is so great to have them on duty!!!
Thanks to Andrea Saitas and the Third Grade Parents for an awesome luncheon today. It was great to spend time with one another and enjoy a yummy meal before we left for the break!
Thanks, again, to PTA for the awesome Gifts of Time!!!! We appreciate Andrea Saitas organizing and all the parents providing such special and thoughtful gifts!!!! We are so honored to serve the community of Florence.
School Lunch Information
December Character Quality "Caring"
"Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud."
School Lunch Information
District Climate Survey
Upcoming Dates and Events
- December 21 - January 4th: Student Holiday
- January 5th: First day back for students
- January 15th: Early Release (End of the third six weeks)
- January 18th: School Holiday
- January 22nd: Western Day
- January 22nd: Report Card Day
- February 5th: Science Fair
- February 26th: Spaghetti Dinner and Talent Show - Forms
BrightBytes Survey - We could win another Laptop Cart!!!
We could win another laptop cart for our students if we have the largest teacher, parent, and student participation in the BrightBytes survey. So if you could take about five minutes to complete the survey we would really appreciate it. There is more information and the link below. Thanks!!!!
Keller ISD is partnering with BrightBytes technology survey to give a voice to the different communities (parents, teachers and students) at each campus. The data collected will help shape educational technology implementation as well as a planning tool for future professional learning. The short anonymous survey will allow each campus to have access to their own data for planning purposes and identify tracks and trends in their data
In order to comply with House Bill 5 measures we have to collect stakeholders perceptions relating to digital learning opportunities in Keller ISD.
The survey window concludes on Friday, December 31, 2015.
Parents will be able to access the BrightBytes online survey from their students campus webpage. You may also click here to access the link.
KISD Film Festival
Please see information listed below regarding the KISD Film Festival
- This is the eighth year of the Film Festival, and entries are due after Winter Break, so now is the time to start working on your films!
- The entry period is January 5, 2016 thru February 29, 2016.
- 7 entry categories to choose from – Story, Documentary, Comedy, PSA Plus, Animation, Music Video and a new “Day in the Life” category.
- Enter on your own, with your friends, or work with your teacher for a class-produced entry.
- Lots of prizes and awards to be won, and finalists will be honored at an Oscars-style Awards Ceremony, again to be held at Cinemark Alliance's spectacular XD Theater, complete with red carpet and photo opportunities.
- All the information can be found on the website www.kellerisd.net/film.
Please see below for some very important links and info!
- Florence Facebook
- FES website
- 2015-2016 Instructional Calendar
- Home Access Center
- Home Access Center App - Shares information on how to download the app for mobile phone access to Home Access Center.
- Home Access Center App Information for download
- FES Campus Calendar - Constantly updated to keep you informed. Most special events for the year have already been scheduled.
- Florence PTA Website
- Parent Online - Manage your child's lunch account
- "Remind" text messaging account - text to the number 817-381-1064 and in the body of the text type @fesfalcons.
Farah Rehman - Assistant Principal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Angelina Bowen - Counselor - email@example.com
Leigh Anne Nelson - Nurse - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dana Shumake - Secretary - email@example.com
Pris Brown - Receptionist/Attendance - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanne Devine - Receptionist - email@example.com
Georgia Altom - PTA President - firstname.lastname@example.org