AT A GLANCE
October 19, 2015 :: 11 Items (with 3 videos)
Mission & Vision
We will inspire leaders, develop connections, and empower all to excel in order to reach our full potential as innovative, lifelong learners and compassionate, contributing citizens.
Level Creek will be a world class school where we Lead, Connect, Excel, and Serve.
GTES Proficient/Exemplary Look Fors
Don't forget, the A-team is using the GTES Best Practices Doc for our observations in GTES. We looked at this during preplanning. It is in Google if you want to look again. The link is below.
GTES Best Practices Document
Good enough to watch again. If you haven't watched the video below take a moment and do so. It is worth your time.
What is the Gradual Release Model?
- I DO- where the teacher models the lesson objective in a focus lesson
- WE DO- guided instruction with both input from the teacher and the students
- YOU DO TOGETHER: Collaborative learning in small groups or partners
- YOU DO ALONE- independent practice.
The video below will show you exactly what it looks like in a classroom.
eCLASS Expectations 15-16
- If you have a website (Weebly etc.) the link needs to be in eCLASS (the school's site will eventually not have website links to teacher (weebly, etc.) websites.
- Use eCLASS to assign classwork or homework at least once per week starting in October. This can be an assignment you would assign regularly - not "extra" homework.
- Use discussion boards at least 1x for Language Arts and 1x for Math each Semester
- Newsletters - by October newsletters need to be linked in eCLASS
eCLASS Teacher Stars for the past week.
Below are the teachers who are really utilizing eCLASS! All data is week-by-week. The larger the circle, the more times they have gone into their C&I page. The greener the circle, the more time they have spent within C&I. If you want to see each week check the link below.eCLASS Usage Stars
I just wanted to give a huge SHOUT OUT to Tracy Patience. No matter the task--eCLASS, grade books, DAs, lessons, etc...she is ALWAYS willing to help with anything we need (and she never makes me feel dumb for not understanding technology!).
Let's continue to make it a PAWS-itively PURR-fect school year!!
During the 1st Nine Weeks of school, we celebrated 56 PAWS-itive Referrals!!
Let's continue to recognize students who are following our LCES expectations and being student leaders throughout the school!!
A copy of the PAWS-itive Referral is attached. The document can also be found on our Google Drive. Simply search for PAWS-itive Referral.
I Can / EQ for students
- What are you learning?
All they have to do is reference their I Can statement or EQ. I am going to suggest this to them on the announcements.
- Ok, so how do you show or explain _____________?
They can give examples, show a problem, explain the steps, etc.
Hopefully, this will help you help kids focus on the intent of the learning. Let Helen, Cindy, and I know how it is working.
Hero Day - Friday, Oct. 30th
For more than a century, United Way of Metro Atlanta has helped those in need. Your donation stays in Gwinnett County and helps to ensure that:
- babies are born healthy
- children enter school ready to learn and graduate prepared for careers
- young people avoid risky behaviors
- families are self-sufficient
- people have access to health care
- homeless people are housed within one year
On Friday, October 30th, students have the opportunity to be a HERO and help United Way. For a donation of $5.00 or more, students may come to school dressed up as their favorite hero.
*Please note that this is not a Halloween Celebration and students should not come dressed up as monsters, etc. Talk to your students about the qualities of a real hero. Your child may also donate and be a hero without dressing up since the act of giving is truly heroic. Donations will be collected in the classroom.