Clearview Tech Bi-Monthly News
March 2014 - Issue 2
Dell Laptops Update
Until then, if you do get a blue screen or repair screen, just reboot the laptop a few times, this should allow the log in screen to appear.
Thank you for your patience.
Do 1 Thing - Making a Safer Internet
"The Internet is a part of our everyday lives. To have active and positive digital lifestyles, we all must play a role in helping to create a better Internet. So Microsoft wants to know—what is the one thing you will do to stay safer online?
Tell Safer Online and read other #Do1Thing stories from around the world. If you share your story and this website with others, then Microsoft will make a donation to TechSoup Global, a nonprofit organization using technology to solve global problems and foster social change."
Outlook 2010 Tip
Automatically Close an Email Message after Replying
In Outlook 2010 when you open an email message to reply or forward it, the original message stays open even after the email has been replied or forwarded. If you reply to dozens of emails daily then this default setting can be really painful.
To make sure that the email message is closed after it has been replied or forwarded, click the Office button and then choose Options.
In the Outlook Options dialogue box, go to the Mail section and locate the Replies and forwards category in the right side of the dialogue box. Here make sure to check the Close original message window when replying or forwarding option.
Hit OK to complete the configuration.
What are the etiquette rules?
There are many etiquette guides and many different etiquette rules. Some rules will differ according to the nature of your business and the corporate culture. Below we list what we consider as the 32 most important email etiquette rules that apply to nearly all companies.
32 most important email etiquette tips:
1. Be concise and to the point
2. Answer all questions, and pre-empt further questions
3. Use proper spelling, grammar & punctuation
4. Make it personal
5. Use templates for frequently used responses
6. Answer swiftly
7. Do not attach unnecessary files
8. Use proper structure & layout
9. Do not overuse the high priority option
10. Do not write in CAPITALS
11. Don't leave out the message thread
12. Add disclaimers to your emails
13. Read the email before you send it
14. Do not overuse Reply to All
15. Mailings > use the bcc: field or do a mail merge
16. Take care with abbreviations and emoticons
17. Be careful with formatting
18. Take care with rich text and HTML messages19. Do not forward chain letters
20. Do not request delivery and read receipts
21. Do not ask to recall a message.
22. Do not copy a message or attachment without permission
23. Do not use email to discuss confidential information
24. Use a meaningful subject
25. Use active instead of passive
26. Avoid using URGENT and IMPORTANT
27. Avoid long sentences
28. Don't send or forward emails containing libelous, defamatory, offensive, racist or obscene remarks
29. Don't forward virus hoaxes and chain letters
30. Keep your language gender neutral
31. Don't reply to spam
32. Use cc: field sparingly