Substances: Water, Ammonia, Hydrogen, Methane, HeliumRadius: 15,759 mi
Orbital Period: 84 years
Length of Day: 17 hrs 14 min
Distance from the Sun: About 1.787 billion mi
(About 2,871,000,000 kilometers)
Average Temp: -357 degrees Fahrenheit
7th planet from the Sun
It has 27 moons
- Uranus orbits the sun on its side
- The moons are named after Shakespeare characters
- Only one spacecraft has flown by Uranus
- 63 earths could fit into Uranus
- Uranus can be seen with the unaided eye
- It has one of the steepest tilts in the galaxy
"Uranus." Britannica School. Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc., 2016. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"Uranus Facts - Interesting Facts about the Planet Uranus." Space Facts RSS. N.p., 02 Jan. 2012. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.
"Uranus." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 29 Jan. 2016.