Norco Cougar Tracks
November 10, 2023
NO FOOD DELIVERY at Norco High School
For the safety of our students and school community, Norco High School will NOT allow students to receive ANY FOOD DELIVERY during the school day (including lunch).
Help us keep Norco High Safe & Secure. Food delivery services will be turned away.
Student School Identification
ALL Norco High School students MUST have their physical ID on them at all times while on campus. If students cannot produce their current 23-24 Norco High School student ID card when asked, the following will occur:
- Sent immediately to Attendance Office
- Verify the student is a current student
- Receive a NEW ID card
- $10 obligation will be placed on their Norco student account.
Thank you for helping us keep Norco High School a safe and positive learning environment for all.
Parent Student Handbooks
Saturday, November 18, 2023
NO Academic Saturday School THIS WEEK due to Thanksgiving Break
Winter School - Make Up Credits
If you are behind credits, see your counselor ASAP to sign up for Winter School session.
Courses start on December 11, 2023 and end January 11, 2024.
One course per student, and all courses are ONLINE.
- Language Arts (all except 4B)
- Int. Math 1 & 2
- World & US History
- Gov & Econ
- Bio & Nat Sci
Norco College Dual Enrollment FAQ's
Who can participate?
All students starting freshman year through 12th grade at any of the following High Schools: All CNUSD High Schools
How do I apply?
Complete the Norco College admissions application through cccapply.org using your personal email address. (Do not use your CNUSD email) Students must create an account and apply online for the upcoming term. After submitting the application, students must wait 1-2 business days to receive the “Welcome to Norco College” email.
How to Access MyPortal?
Wait 1-2 business days to receive your “Welcome to Norco College" email sent from email@example.com (search through all folders, including junk/spam)
- Follow steps on Welcome email to login with temporary password.
- Activate your RCCD student email account right away through MyPortal using your RCCD student email and password.
How to reset MyPortal Password?
You can request to have your password reset by:
- Visiting the Admissions &Records office in person with a photo ID.
- Emailing Admissions@norcocollege.edu, be sure to include your college ID #, Name, Date of Birth, and a copy of your photo ID for verification.
How do I get a registration date?
All students who have applied and received a college ID # and RCCD student email address will need to submit a Parent Approval. Parent Approvals can be accepted by:
- CNUSD Student Connect-Dual Enrollment Approval located in “Activities”: Screenshot of Admin, approval for the current academic year can be emailed to Dualenrollment@norcocollege.edu
- PDF Parent Approval form signed by student, parent, and school site emailed to Dualenrollment@norcocollege.edu
How to Access Canvas:
- Enter your RCCD Student Email Address and password. If you are a first-time user your default password is:
- The first letter of your first name capitalized + first letter of your last name lowercase + the month, day, and year of your birthdate. (MMDDYY)
- For example, Jane Doe born 7/4/2006 : Jd070406
- To reset your password email: Admissions@norcocollege.edu
Who to contact:
- For assistance with clearing a prerequisite or creating a Semester-by-Semester Educational Plan email Dual Enrollment Counselor, Justin Frith (Justin.Frith@rccd.edu)
- For Assistance with applying, receiving welcome emails, or Registering/Dropping Courses contact Admissions@norcocollege.edu
- To Submit a Parent Approval Form/ParentQ email, or for questions/concerns regarding Dual Enrollment contact Dualenrollment@norcocollege.edu
- Tyee Griffith - Associate Dean of Educational Partnerships
- Kasey Boyer- Outreach Specialist
Hillside Craft Fair
- Where: 96 Sixth St Norco, CA 92860
- Dates: November 24, 25 and 26
- Time: 10am to 4 pm
Norco Choirs Presents: WINTER WONDERLAND
Enter your information to find matches from over 23,000 programs, totaling over $4 billion scholarship dollars yearly.
FAFSA Is Changing. What Can You Do Now To Prepare?
If you’re thinking about college and postsecondary education after high school, you’re probably wondering how you’re going to afford it. Financial aid is a critical part of the college planning process for many families and can help you open doors to your future.
When it comes to securing financial aid, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) is the key to opening the doors of your future. FAFSA gives you access to federal grants, work-study opportunities, federal loans, and numerous state scholarships.
And you might have heard, the FAFSA is changing due to a comprehensive overhaul of the federal student aid system.
What does this mean for high school seniors preparing for college? The FAFSA won’t be opening this October like it usually does. The application for 2024-25 will launch in December 2023. With the application opening later this year, you can prepare accordingly and not stress about the process.
GET AHEAD AND DO NOW: Create Your FSA ID (http://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch)
Senior Yearbook Photo
CNUSD no longer accepts CASH as a form of payment into Athletic Events. ALL tickets must be purchase through GoFan.co.
Traffic & Parking
In an effort to do our part in mitigating the traffic congestion in the student drop off/pick up lanes before school and after school we would like to share the following information:
The yellow lines are curbs that are designated as loading/unloading only. As of today, this area is to be used for those purposes ONLY. Additionally, signs containing this information are posted.
Students, staff and faculty found in violation will be subject to the following:
- Warning notification and documentation of car make/model and license plate # (warning placed under windshield wiper)
- NHS parking violation sticker
- Ticket from Sherriff’s Department)
We thank you for your continued support and understanding in helping us improve.
In an attempt at doing our part in mitigating the traffic congestion surrounding our school we wanted to share with you the following information.
The entire curb in front of the school located on Temescal Ave. has signs posted for 20 minute parking (during the hours of 6:30am – 3:30pm Monday - Friday) and/or NO PARKING - Student Loading Only (driver must remain in vehicle 7:00am – 4:00pm school days).
To avoid being issued a parking citation from the Riverside Sherriff’s office, students are strongly encouraged to park in the student parking lot. Parking in the lot is NOT free. Students may purchase parking stickers through our activities office during normal school hours.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.
CNUSD Child Nutrition
CNUSD invites families to complete an application for Free and Reduced Price Meals!
The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.
New Ways November 2023
Actions to help you focus on what really matters.
You can now join NHS PTSA easily on the TOTEM online e-membership system. CLICK HERE
PTSA Brick Order Form
Our PTSA is raising money to give back to the students and school, to fund senior scholarships along with other purchases that will benefit ALL NHS Students.
The bricks will be placed in the concrete sidewalk in front of the Administration Building.
Once your form is received, we will contact you to confirm your order.
The bricks are 4” x 8” and can have up to three lines of text. (Price $40) OR you can have a cougar and two lines of text. (Price $50)
CLICK HERE for the Order Form.
Norco Educational Support Team (NEST) mission is to provide support to students, teachers, and instructional programs through access to additional educational resources. CLICK HERE to donate and support our school community.