We Got This
Seniors, bookmark this page for easier reference.
CLASS of 2021
It’s time to celebrate!
- January 15th was the deadline to order your Cap & Gown on the Herff Jones website
- The basic Cap & Gown order is only $35 but there are some other packages that you may want to check out for hoodies, keychains, jewelry, lanyards etc.
- Graduates will be able to keep the gown.
- Financial help is available.
- Questions? Contact Sandy Gonzalez
FAFSA: Federal Student Aid
Want your first year at Butte College to be free?
Want to see if you qualify for free money to attend college?
If you answered "yes" to either of these questions, then you need to start getting ready to fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
The FAFSA application opens on October 1st and you only have until March 2nd, 2021 to apply.
The first thing you need to do is create an FSA ID. You will need one and your parent/guardian will need one. Check out the resources below.
Cash for College
Please have the following documents available during the webinar:
• Driver's License, if you have one
• Social Security Card, if you have one
• Alien Registration Card, if you have one
• ITIN, if you have one
• List of colleges you are interested in to list on the applications
• Most current bank statements
• Any records of untaxed income
• 2019 tax information (1040’s and W2’s)
- This includes your parents' tax information if you are a dependent student.
- Am I an independent or dependent student?
You will have an opportunity to ask questions via chat box (general questions only) or via our Cash for College hotline after the webinar. Please have your FSA ID or Dream Act Account completed and ready for the webinar so you can follow along and complete the application.
CCSA (Chico Community Scholarship Assoc.)
Since it’s formation in 1970, Chico Community Scholarship Association has awarded nearly 3,900 scholarships totaling over $2.4 million to deserving graduating high school seniors from our community. They offer many different types of scholarships such as need-based, academics, and intended major or area of interest.
The Application deadline has been extended to January 29th 2021.
You can submit application packets to Mr. Hopkins or Mrs. Teeter by email or turning them into the main office. Download the application here
Note from Mr. Hopkins:
In regard to the two letters of recommendations, only one of those letters can be from school personnel. The other letter needs to be from someone outside the school. If you have already turned in your application and you need to get another letter of recommendation I will hold onto your application until you get another letter.
If you have concerns or questions please email Mr. Hopkins.