June - Midterms
Table of Contents
Library Hours for Mid-terms
Tech Tip - Printing
The weather is finally starting to heat up and that's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on which kind of weather you prefer. Either way, as midterms approach, the library will be here to offer you a cool place to study. Please reintroduce yourself to the new study room sign-up policy which was introduced last trimester. You can also find the hours we're open through the early part of July.
We always want to give you as much information as possible when it comes to ways to improve your printing experience. This month's tech tip addresses a new printing quirk that may pop up.
And if you can't get enough of our newsletters, this trimester's archives display pays tribute to campus newsletters from the past.
Finally, check out our new arrivals.
Study Room Sign-Up Reminders:
- For the dates of Monday June 15th to Tuesday, June 23rd, the sign-up sheets will be at the desk with the library staff member. You are allowed to pre-sign-up for 2 hours a day.
- You can get additional time if, at the end of the time slot, no one signs up after you or there are empty rooms. Feel free to approach the desk for more time.
- If you are not in your room by 10 minutes after the hour, the room is up for grabs.
- Any items abandoned in a study room for a long period of time or past the reserved time period may be moved to behind the information desk.
Starting June 17th, we will open at 7:00 a.m. on weekdays until Tuesday June 23rd. We will close at our regular times each day.
Our weekend hours remain the same.
July 4th Break: We will be closed on July 3rd and July 4th for the holiday. As of right now, we will be open regular hours on July 5th but please check the library doors, our website and/or Facebook for any changes.
A Printer Pause?
Lately, there have been issues with printing jobs getting stuck in the printer queue at "paused." If your item isn't printing,
- check the printer queue in the bottom right hand corner of the computer desktop. It's a small printer icon.
- If your print job is stuck on "paused," right click and select resume.
- If there are a lot of print jobs listed before yours, you can cancel those jobs so yours can print. Don't worry, you'll only be canceling the jobs of the people who were at your computer before you and have obviously left.
There are numerous reasons why things don't print. If this doesn't work, you can always approach the desk and we'll see if we can help or contact helpdesk.
You are also encouraged by IT to e-mail any issues you have to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by for in-person service.
Publications and newsletters of the past
NWHSU (and its former incarnation, NWCC) has had such a variety of in-house newsletters and other such publications, and our archives has a wonderful collection of them. Check out the display case in the library to see a sampling of what our school has produced over the years. We also have many more titles in our archives, should anyone be curious!
Submitted by: Corinne Florin, University Archivist Photo: Monica Howell
By Dr. Rolf Peters Call # 615.53409 P44235
By Eric Schlosser Call # 394.10973 Sch396f
By William York Call # 610.938 Y821h
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.