Service Learning Event!
Friday, Jan. 22nd 2016 at 10:15am-12:30pm
350 East Erie Avenue
LIMITED SPACE! ONLY 30 SPOTS AVAILABLE! FREE EVENT
Agenda: (FREE EVENT)
- 10:15am - sign in with FSC Louri Fitzgerald inside the SPCA.
- 10:25am - Review the purpose of service learning, and collect donations for supply drive.
- 10:35-12:30pm - Tour of shelter, craft activity, and interaction with animals.
Supplies drive donations needed! These items help support the animals living in the shelter.
- Blankets, Sheets, Comforters, Towels, Linens
- Dog & Cat Toys (new)
- Mylar balls, jingle balls, fuzzy mice, ping pongs balls, etc for cats
- Tennis Balls
- Food puzzles
- Rope toys
- SlimCat balls
- Dog & Cat Treats (unopened)
- Soft dog treats (Beggin’ Strips, Pup-peroni)
- Natural Balance Dog Food Rolls (lamb or beef only)
- Nylabones for dogs
- Hot dogs
- Dog & Cat Wet and Dry food (unopened)
- Kongs & Kong Wobblers (new)
- Collars (especially medium size)
- Groom N Comb self-grooming tool
- Stretch and Scratchers (Stretchandscratch.com)
- Thin Boxes, NOT broken down (cereal boxes-for example) or shoe boxes
- Paper Towel/Toilet Paper Cardboard Rolls with all paper removed
- Paper grocery store bags (bigger than a lunch bag size)
- Creamy Peanut Butter (any brand-large sizes if possible, unopened)
- Wax paper
- Oats (unopened)
- Cinnamon (unopened)
- Cat litter
- Disposable/“Dollar Store”: trays, bowls, mixing spoons (used for making treats)
- Garbage Cans (Large)
- Old shirts or scrubs
- Aprons with pockets
Please RSVP by Jan 18th!
Please send RSVP's to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information! On the day of the outing I can be reached at 610-212-8553.
- Student name, grade, teacher's name
- Adult chaperone's name
- Number of additional children or adults
- Is this your first school year at PA Virtual?
- Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
- As a result of attending the outing, students will learn about animal characteristics, pet care, animals’ basic needs, and animal safety.
- Students will tour the shelter and make crafts for the animals.
- Families will donates supplies for the animals living in the shelter.
- As a result of the community service day, students will learn the history of Pennsylvania SPCA, and the importance of giving back to the community by volunteering.
1. In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products and balloons.
2. As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PAVCS event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3. For safety: All student need to be accompanied by a parent or learning coach. All student must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4. If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case the even is cancelled due to weather.
5. All PAVCS events are tobacco free.