Ingredients to cup cakes
- 2 cups flour.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened.
- 3 ⁄4 cup sugar (if you like your cupcakes very sweet, add a little more.)
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup milk.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
Equipment that you need for cup cakes.
- Cupcake pans (mini and regular)
- Paper baking cups available in a variety of colors and prints. Find them in supermarkets, party, craft or specialty cake decorating stores.
- Resealable food-storage plastic bags for piping icings and glazes.
Staples that you need for cup cakes
- Boxed cake mixes in a variety of flavors.
- Ready-to-spread frostings. <åç/li>
- Decorating icing, assorted colors.
- Decorating gels, assorted colors.
- Food colors (liquid, gel or paste). Try paste food color for more vivid color frosting.
- Assorted colored sugars and edible glitters.
- Assorted candy sprinkles.
The pan size for cup cakes
Mini1 3/4 x 1 inches
Regular2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches
Large2 3/4 x 1 1/4 inches
Jumbo3 1/2 x 1 3/4 inches
If you have only one pan and a recipe calls for more cupcakes than your pan will make, just cover and refrigerate the rest of the batter while baking the first batch. Cool the pan about 15 minutes, then bake the rest of the batter, adding 1 to 2 minutes to the bake time.
An easy way to fill baking cups is to use an ice cream scoop. Use one that measures out 1/3 cup batter when filling regular-size cups. Use one that measures out 2 tablespoons batter when filling mini cups.