- Donatello was born in Florence Italy
- Donatello spent most of his life in Florence
- In Florence, Donatello learned the basics of sculpting at the store masons guild, where he learned other crafts as well.
- In 1403, at the age of 17, Donatello was working for the master of the bronze releifs of the doors of the florentine baptistery.
- Donatello is a sculptor
- Cosimo De Medici was Donatello’s Patron
Marble David Info.
- No one knows for sure when this was created but it is estimated to be created during 1420-1460.
- You can find this at the National Museum of the Bargello in Florence.
- This piece is significant because this is the first time that the human form is being shown in art.
- This is closes to the human form because it represents the human form.
"Donatello." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography In Context. Web. 8 Nov. 2013.
"Donatello Biography." Encyclopedia of World Biography. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Nov. 2008. <http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/bic1/ReferenceDetailsPage/ReferenceDetailsWindow?failOverType=&query=&windowstate=normal&contentModules=&mode=view&displayGroupName=Reference&limiter=&currPage=&disableHighlighting=true&displayGroups=&sortBy=&source=&search_within_results=&action=e&catId=GALE|AAA000042426&activityType=&scanId=&documentId=GALE|K1631001850>.
"Google Images." Google Images. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.