By: Jessica Lawson , Emely Lopez
Top imports and exports
- top imports: machinery, equipment, vehicle parts, chemicals, durable consumer goods.
- top exports: oil, machines, engines, pumps, air crafts, paper, plastic, wood, aluminum.
- vehicles: $66.9 billion ( 16% total imports)
- fur skins/ art. fur: 165.7%
Common species of livestock
Commercial farm or small family owned?
- Commercial farms
- Pigs are produced most.
- 26,000,000 pigs produced each year
- 577,420 tones of cattle& beef produced
- Canada does produce enough food for its population.
- Canadian Agriculture employs 2,000,000 Canadians
- 1 in every 8 jobs in Canada are Ag related.
- 5th largest Ag exporter in the world.
- One quarter of Canadian farmers are female (27.5%)
- Canada has food banks