Weekly News & Notes - April 8th - 12th
Upcoming Events . . .
April 1st - 29th:
April 1st -10th
- Operation Helping Hand Food Donation Drop-off
April 8th - 12th:
- PSSA Testing Grades 3 - 6 - Reading & Math
April 8th & 10th:
- Human Growth & Development Classes - 6th grade
- End of the 3rd Marking Period
- Home & School Association - Guys & Dolls Dance - Titus Dining Room @ 7:00 PM
- Lucky Tray Day - One Winner Per Grade Level
- Wins "First in Line" for Friday, April 19th
- KidShape 2.0 - Sponsored by Families Living Well/St. Mary Medical Center
- The Nurturing Fathers Educational Program - The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc. @ 6:30 PM
- Home & School Association - Blood Drive - Titus Gym @ 1:30 PM - 6:30 PM
PSSA Testing Information . . .
Pennsylvania’s State Assessment System measures the academic performance of students using the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) at the elementary level. All students are included in this testing, with exclusions for only a very few students. The PSSA assessment provides schools with valuable information about student achievement and program quality.
This year the testing will occur during the following testing windows.
- Reading and Math: Grades 3, 4, 5, & 6 - April 8th – 12th
- Science: Grade 4 - April 23rd & 24th
Please see the Information for Parents posted on the Parent Resources section of the Central Bucks website. Detailed information about each test and overall testing procedures, as well as specific information regarding the cell phone ban during testing is available through the links provided.
Parents can help by encouraging their children to take these tests seriously. It is also important to make sure that children get plenty of rest during the testing weeks and have a healthy breakfast. As always, we ask your support in helping your child do his/her best on these tests. Should you have any questions about the testing, do not hesitate to contact me.
Food Drive . . .
Operation Helping Hand: You CAN make a difference in Bucks County. Bring a donation to school from April 1st - 10th and help your community be a stronger, happier, healthier place.
- Kindergarten Canned Vegetables, Cereal
- 1st Grade Cereal, Nonperishable Milk Products
- 2nd Grade Canned Fruit, Tomato Products
- 3rd Grade Peanut Butter, Jelly, Canned Meat
- 4th Grade Canned Fruit, Juice, Cereal
- 5th Grade Spaghetti Sauce, Canned Tomatoes
- 6th Grade Tuna, Canned Meat, Stew, Rice
A large container will be set up in the rotunda for all donations. Thank you for your support!
Mark Your Calendars . . .
As we begin to look forward to the 2013-2014 school year, I wanted to alert you of two calendar changes:
- Move-up day for our students will be June 6th.
- Kindergarten Orientation will occur at the end of August, prior to the start of the school year.
More information will follow as we get closer to these dates. Thank you!
Registration time . . .
Supporting the Arts . . .
Each year the Art Department of Central Bucks School District hosts a District Art Show featuring the amazing visual arts pieces of a select group of students from grades 1-12. This year's event will be held May 17th - 19th at Mill Creek Elementary School. The Art Department will be selling T-shirts this year as a means of celebrating the event. The proceeds will go directly to providing scholarships for a graduating senior from each high school who are going to college in the pursuit of a career in the Visual Arts.
Thank You for your Continued Support of the Arts in Our Community!
New Website . . .
Home & School Association:
Guys & Dolls Dance . . .
Please mark your calendars for Friday April 12th @ 7:00 PM.
Interested in ordering flowers for the event? Please contact Blue Violet @ 215.220.1000. Tell them you will be attending the Guys & Dolls Dance, and they will be more than happy to give you a special offer, designed only for the Titus community.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Mrs. Nicole Schilling.
Box Tops . . .
For the month of March, we collected 3,922 Box Tops for a YTD total of 37,371!!! Congratulations to Mrs. Gaul’s second grade class for having the highest number of Box Tops for March with 753. We will be collecting Box Tops until the end of May for this school year s please continue to send them in.
The Rita’s Water Ice contest standings are as follows:
- Miss Gieseler’s class – 1st place
- Miss Braksator’s class – 2nd place
- Miss Gaul’s class – 3rd place