Social Committee News & Notes
The Social Committee provides various items for the party which could include: facility rental, food costs, beverage costs, paper goods. Often times the Social Committee will fund part of the costs while the staff member contributes the other half. For example: The Social Committee may provide the appetizers while the staff members provide their own drinks. This party is typically an adults only event.
Same as above. This party usually is a GP family event where children of staff members are invited as well.
The Social Committee will work with administration to provide a reception to honor the service of the staff member. This might include finger foods, cake, punch, gift, etc. We want this to be a nice event to recognize a career in education.
Staff Luncheons & Other Events
The Social Committee may pay for items throughout the year to foster positive morale and team camaraderie. This could be celebrating national events such as Candy Corn Day or providing treats to the staff. For luncheons, the Social Committee may help fund part of the luncheon such as the turkeys for the Thanksgiving Feast. Other staff luncheons will be coordinated by the Social Committee.
Anticipated Expenses Throughout the Year - Social Committee Guidelines
* Faculty/Staff in Hospital: treat, balloons, or plant - up to $25
* Spouse of faculty/staff in hospital - send card
* Child of faculty/staff in hospital - toy or balloons - up to $15
* Death of spouse, parent, child, sibling of faculty/staff - plant or book in library - up to $25. Grade level responsible for meals, etc. Grade level is also responsible for deciding if a plant will be sent or a book will be donated in memory of the loved one. Social Committee rep will notify the school secretary of the team preference.
* Death of in-laws, grandparents - card
* Death of a student - plant to funeral home - up to $25
* Faculty/staff leaving at end of year - gift to honor years of service
* Christmas gift certificates to Cafeteria/Custodial staff - $10/person
* Bosses’ Day - $50.00 each Principal and AC
* Gifts for Secretary’s & Attendance Clerk (April- Administrative Assistant Day), Librarian’s Day, Nurse’s Week, Counselor’s week - $35.00 limit
* Faculty/staff birthdays - wreath on door, PTO recognition
Grade Levels & Teams:
The grade level can do additional things to support their team member during a difficult time. This is especially encouraged when a loved one, other than family members listed above, is sick and/or in the hospital. The team can provide a card/gift for a staff member when family members that are not immediate family (such as in-laws) are ill or have passed away. The team can provide more of a personal support for the staff member such as providing food, dog sitting, house cleaning, etc. as they see appropriate.
Grade Level Team Rep:
It is the responsibility of the grade level/team social rep to inform the Social Committee President or designee of a need to respond with a card or gift. The Social Committee President or designee will then notify the secretary to provide funds from the Social Committee budget. This helps to ensure that all of the above expectations are met and not overlooked.
Your voice is heard through your representative at Social Committee meetings. Your representatives for this year are:
1st - Fraley
2nd - Piscacek
3rd - Lake
4th - J. Rhine
Specials - Fortner
Office & Treasurer - Barone
SPED - Christy Mouchyn
The first priority of the rep is to collect dues from every employee on your team/grade level. CASH ONLY! All cash must be turned in to Casey Barone with a list of who has paid/amount. These dues are to be collected by October 31st.
The dues are as follows:
- Full time employee $25
- Paraprofessional $15
- Everyone that has their dues turned in by the end of the day on October 10th, will be entered into a drawing for the opportunity to go to Tipsy Bean for a coffee drink for one hour while your duties will be covered. Free coffee certificate will be provided. We will have two winners.
- The team that has all members paid in full by the end of the day on October 25th, will receive a Sonic drink on Friday the 26th. This will be for all teams with 100% paid.