End of Year Library Report
- Lesson Collaborations with Kindergarten - 5th Grade
- AR Brag Tags
- AR Reading Challenges
- Spring/Fall Book Fair
- Family Events- Trunk or Treat, Math Night, Lunch with Parents, Grandparents Day
- Book Character Parade
- Decade Days
- March Book Madness
- Read Across America Week
- Birthday Book Club
- Guest Readers
- Author Visit
- 5th Grade Book Making Project
- Golden Ticket Winners
- Over 100 new titles added to library circulation
- New Chromebooks for Self Check In and Self Check Out stations
- Osmos added to circulation
- New seating area added to Story Nook
Holdings by Item Report Class
Items Added and Deleted
Library Usage by Report Class
Here are just a few examples of some of the major projects worked on throughout the year...
- 5th Grade Writing Curriculum- Met with 5th grade teachers to discuss students' need in writing curriculum. Students then worked on brainstorming, writing, editing, illustrating, and publishing books for our own library.
- 4th Grade Biography Projects- Students worked on researching Presidents and famous African Americans and completing written biography reports.
- 3rd Grade Book Character Pumpkins- Collaborated with 3rd grade teachers to find books on students' AR level for book character project. Students' work was displayed in the media center when finished.
- 2nd Grade Author's Purpose- Discussed reading strategies with teachers to find which strategies students needed more practice and instruction. Students participated in numerous lessons on story mapping and author's purpose.
- 1st Grade Reader are Leaders- Collaborated with first grade teachers to bring in various community leaders to read to students.
- Kindergarten AR Initiative- Introduced kindergarten teachers and students to AR tests and assessments. Worked with students on logging in and taking first test.
The Fall Book Fair earned $11,967.84.
The Spring Book Fair earned $11,568.70.
We also added 5 Osmos to the media center.
Met and communicated with Jane Scott, mentor from Legacy Elementary School.
Attended Leader in Me Symposium in Mobile, Alabama with school Lighthouse Team.
Read journals, magazines, and research on new library trends.