The Seminar Scoop
2021 NSPRA National Seminar - New Orleans - July 11-14
What To Know Before You Go Virtually to the 2021 NSPRA Seminar
Excitement is building for the NSPRA Seminar, which is right around the corner! To help you make the most out of your virtual experience, we’ve compiled some important information to know before you go.
All Seminar registrants will receive login information to access the virtual learning platform by Tuesday, July 6, so watch your email. As a virtual attendee, this access will allow you to watch the Skill Sessions and the livestreamed General Sessions, have virtual chats with colleagues from across the country and more. The virtual platform will be launched on Sunday, July 11.
New this year, you'll get the daily scoop! The Seminar Scoop newsletter will be sent to all in-person and virtual attendees Monday through Thursday to share the latest news and updates. And use our social hangouts to stay connected!
Last Chance to Switch to In-Person Attendance
Did someone say pivot? If you are considering packing your bag and traveling to New Orleans for the in-person Seminar, then no problem! Just let us know by Friday, July 2, so we can provide you with a warm welcome. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-519-0496 to switch your registration.
Get Ready for Great Networking
Sunday, July 11
Virtual Colleague Connections Chat Room (4:00-5:15 p.m. CT)
The NSPRA vice president at large for communication technology and innovation, Joshua Sauer, APR, will lead a chat room discussion to help virtual attendees network and kick off their online Seminar experience.
Monday, July 12
Networking Job Alike Chat Room: BOCES/ESA/IU/County Office of Education (2:30-3:30 p.m. CT)
Networking Job Alike Chat Room: Website/Social Media/Video Managers (2:30-3:30 p.m. CT)
Share ideas, challenges and best practices with colleagues who understand your work during these two, separate facilitated networking sessions with simultaneous online chats.
#K12PRChat Tweetup (6:00-7:00 p.m. CT)
Join your #K12PRChat friends on Twitter for conversations, fun awards and more.
Tuesday, July 13
Networking Special Topic Chat Room: Earning Your APR (2:30-3:30 p.m. CT)
Networking Job Alike Chat Room: One-Person School PR Office (4:00-5:00 p.m. CT)
Share ideas, challenges and best practices with colleagues who understand your professional goals and your work during these two, separate facilitated networking sessions with simultaneous online chats.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Virtual Seminar Experience
- Make a game plan. Once the virtual platform is launched on Sunday, July 11, you'll have an opportunity to scan the sessions and select the ones that are most relevant to your learning. But don't overload yourself with back-to-back sessions as the session recordings will be available on demand for 30 days following the Seminar.
- Switch up your surroundings. Consider moving to a different location away from your normal work space, perhaps a conference room or a library. Staying at your desk will tempt you to multi-task (answering emails or returning phone calls) while trying to participate in the Seminar.
- Minimize distractions. Close out other apps on your computer so that you are less apt to return messages or check email. Block out your calendar so that co-workers don't schedule meetings at the same time.
- Stand, sit, repeat. Sitting for long periods of time can increase your fatigue and reduce your concentration. Take breaks by standing, going for a quick walk or grabbing a cup of coffee.
- Get social. Carve out some time to check the 2021 Seminar Twitter and Facebook pages to see what your colleagues are reacting to. Join in the conversation to add your thoughts.
New Virtual Gold Mine Offers Ideas, Success Stories
- Rethinking Engagement: Tour Programs and Buildings from Home -- Learn how one intermediate unit used technology to capture the essence of a personalized school building tour through videos, pictures, website links and more.
- Taking Your Seat at the Strategic Table: Building Leadership Status -- You'll hear how to position yourself as a strategic advisor who is invited into the decision-making process early and often.
- Telling Our Tech Levy Story -- Learn three keys to success in passing a levy with high approval ratings, even despite an economic shutdown.
- The "Heart" of Storytelling -- Get to the "heart" of storytelling with five simple tips that can help to turn even a mundane story into a memorable one.