BAND HOLIDAY CONCERT
Wednesday, Dec. 11th, 7pm
6722 Uvalde Road
All family members & friends are invited to their first band performance. Admission is free!
Due to the band program’s size, we have 3 separate groups that will perform at these times:
Red band @6:00pm
Blue band @6:45pm
Cougar band @7:30pm
Students are to wear their "Sunday best" clothes for this special occasion as well as refer to the call times that were given to them by their band teacher.
If you have any questions, please call the school at 832-386-2100 and ask to speak to one of our band directors.
ROSEBUDS TOY DRIVE
Thank you in advance for all your support!
SEMESTER EXAM , 12.16-12.20
With Semester exams approaching, here are some tips to help our students get prepared to ACE those exams. Click the link below for more information.
Please note, due to Semester exams there will be NO tutorials the week of December 16th - December 20th. It is also VERY important that all students attend school during this week so they are able to complete their exams.
See below for the exam schedule
Having your children attend school regularly is very important to us. We know that when students miss school, they miss out on important instruction and a chance to build a habit of good attendance. We encourage you to speak with your child about their attendance and the importance of them attending school regularly.
We have exciting news, Cobb's Choir now has their very own Smore newsletter. Click the link to access news from our Choir teachers.
Thank you again for all that you do to support us in making your children successful.
PARENT DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES
- Due to supervisory schedules, students should arrive at school no earlier than 7:15 A.M.
- Upon arriving at school, students should report directly to the cafeteria.
- All car riders must be dropped off at the front of the school, closest to the cafeteria. Please pull up to the stop sign and follow directions of staff on duty.
- No students should be dropped off at the bus ramp or faculty parking lot.
- Students who are not attending an after school program should be picked up by 3:55 P.M.
- If you live in the New Forest Subdivision and your child will be walking home, he/she MUST request a Walker’s Pass from the A.P.’s office.
- If your child is a car rider, remind them to look out for your car as you pull up, or you may be asked to park and walk up to collect your child.
- Parents who choose to park may wait for their child at the flagpole.
- Students cannot be checked out after 3:05 P.M.
DRESS CODE REMINDER
As a reminder, Cobb’s dress code consists of:
- Solid red/blue collared shirts/tops, no logos
- Cobb spirit t-shirts may be worn on Fridays only
- Cobb hoodie
- Solid bottoms in either khaki, navy, black colors or blue/black jeans
For more information, please refer to G.P.I.S.D.'s dress code policy in our Student Handbook. (click link)
How Can I Check My Child's Grades?
Skyward Family Access allows parents to access student report cards, grade books, attendance, discipline and test scores. You can log in using your username and password. If you do not have a username/ password, please call us so we can give you that information.
If at any time you become concerned about your child’s grades, you may call the school to schedule a team conference where you will have the opportunity to meet with your child’s teachers.
You can access Skyward Family Access by visiting our district's website and clicking on the parent tab or you may click the link: Skyward Access
We are here to support you! If you have any questions or need help accessing your child's grades please do not hesitate to contact us.
WE WANT YOU!
We are always looking for parent volunteers. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer on our campus, please click the link: Cobb Volunteer Form
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our counselors or visit their page by clicking the button above (Counselor's Corner)
CHARACTER EDUCATION THEME
The Character Education Theme for this month are honesty and integrity.
Really, it is impossible to have one without the other—Honesty is the quality of being fair and truthful while adhering to the facts. Being honest is being sincere. When someone has INTEGRITY that means that person is honest and fair. “Truth allows you to live with integrity. Everything you do and say shows the world who you really are. Let it be the Truth.” ~ Oprah Winfrey