January 11, 2019 Volume 2, Issue 5
From the Principal
Thank you to all of the Dads who attended our Watch D.O.G.S. kick off. We're excited to get this amazing program launched at Hoover! We're working to build our volunteer opportunities. Please be on the lookout for more and find ways to take part because the home-school partnership is so important.
Just a reminder that Monday, January 21, 2019, is a student/staff holiday. School resumes Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Thank you for your continued support of Hoover. Have a fabulous 2019!
Jan. 21st - Student & Staff Holiday
Feb. 6th - Group Picture Day
Group Picture Day is February 6, 2019
- A form will be going home before picture day.
- You can send in cash, check, money order or order online.
- Our picture day ID is RW018134G0
- Payment must be received by Picture Day. You will not be able to purchase afterwards.
Please see information below.
From the Clinic
Medications at School:
· As it states in the student handbook, medication cannot be transported to school by students. Students are not allowed to bring medication to school or from school to the home. All medication must be brought to the clinic by the parent, guardian, or other responsible adult and shall be secured there at all times.
· This includes but is not limited to inhalers, cough drops, prescription medication, over the counter medication, eye drops, ear drops, etc…
· All medications must be in original container, unopened and properly labeled. Prescription medication must be in original bottle or container with prescription label with correct students name and directions for time and dose. No expired medication will be given at school.
· Any medication brought to school by a student will be taken to the clinic and will not be administered per district policy.
Please contact the school nurse with any questions or concerns.
Kristin Bates, RN
Hoover School Nurse
Recent purchases from our fall fundraiser - books for student use - Thank you for your support!
From the Counselors
From the Library
The CFISD Mobile Library provides students, of all ages, the opportunity to check out books throughout the year. If your child is a Cy-Fair student they can check out 3 books, receive a snack and a fun bookmark. Take advantage of this great program! Listed below are two places, near Hoover, where the Mobile Library will be this month up to the end of the year.
1. Plantation Lakes Community Center at Plantation Point and Vermillion Court
Saturdays: Jan 26, Feb. 23, April 6, May 11
2. Yaupon Ranch Pool at Greenhouse and Dusty Yaupon
Saturdays: Jan. 12, Feb.9, March 23, April 27
BOOKWORM: A FESTIVAL FOR YOUNG READERS!
Begun in 2014, the Bookworm Festival is a fun morning that celebrates emerging readers (PreK-2nd grade), and those who write for them. The goal is to connect emerging readers with authors to foster the joy of reading. THIS IS A FREE EVENT!!
Time: 10:00am but you are encouraged to arrive around 9:30.
Plan on joining Mrs. Hall (Hoover Librarian) on February 2, 2019 at Jersey Village High School to meet and hear 7 well known children’s authors. Please see the flyer within this newsletter for the authors who will be there as well as other important information.
It is a very fun filled morning and one you don’t want to miss! See you there!