West Elementary School
September 12, 2023
TOUCHDOWN FOR WEST 2023 FUNDRAISER
Our West Wildcats were so excited and had so much fun at our Touchdown for West Kick Off Assembly last Friday! We have only 12 days to go - and every donation counts. We appreciate your support. A complete packet of Information will be coming home with your student on Wednesday, September 13th! Make sure to look for this in their backpack.
Click here to register or donate: https://instaraise.com/westelem/support
West Happenings: September/October 2023
- 9/8-22 - TOUCHDOWN FOR WEST 2023 FUNDRAISER💙🏈💛
- 9/11-15 - Erin's Law Presentation for Students K-5
- 9/11-22 - Fastbridge Testing
- 9/12 - TONIGHT is our First WPO Meeting at 7 PM in the LMC (Childcare Provided)
- 9-13 - McAlister's Deli Food Fundraiser 10:30 AM - 9 PM (CL Location)
- 9-15 - Last day for West Directory Submissions
- 9/18-9/22 - School Wide Dress Up Days for Fall Fundraiser (See below)
- 9/20 - Early Release at 2 PM
- 9/28 - Picture Day! (See info below to pre-order)
- 9/29 - PBIS Celebration - Superhero Day (Dress like your favorite superhero)
- 10/9 - No School - Columbus Day
- 10/10 - WPO Meeting at 7 PM in the LMC (Childcare Provided)
- 10/18 - Early Release at 2 PM
- 10/31 - Halloween Parade and Parties 2 - 3:30 PM
Color Portraits Picture Day
Our Color Portraits picture day is scheduled for September 28th. This is a prepay picture day and ordering will be closed at Midnight the night of Picture Day to process the orders. If any parents missed prepaying you will have a chance to order pictures with your child's Ticket Code. When placing an order after Picture Day with a Ticket Code a shipping fee will be added on and picture packages will be shipped directly to the home. Ticket Codes will be delivered approximately three weeks post Picture Day.
- Click on the pictures below to see the Color Portraits order form that will be going home soon.
Wildcat Mileage Club
Fall Mileage Club will end on Oct. 6th. We are always looking for volunteers to help make the club a success.
- For those of you who are new, Mileage Club volunteers hand out and collect mileage club tracking cards, scan lap progress (on provided iPads) and most importantly provide encouragement! A coordinator with experience/knowledge of the tasks required will be in attendance to help explain the program and answer any questions you may have during your shift(s). Please click here for additional volunteer information.
"Paws R Us" Store Volunteers
The PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System) at West has a "Paws R Us" store where kids can spend their earned "Paw Prides". There are many options for students to collect and spend Paw Prides such as being first in the lunch line, helping our custodian, reading to another class, etc.
We're looking for volunteers to work the store one Friday each month from 11:10-1:20 pm. We are still in need of two more volunteers plus two subs. It is only a once a month committment. In this volunteer role, you get to see all the kids at lunch and their excitement with what they are spending their paw prides on.
Parent volunteers will collect student's Paw Prides and help them make their selections. Mrs. Cruz will lead a training session on Wednesday, September 21st at 10:00 am. Group 1 volunteers start Sept. 22nd and Group 2 volunteers start Oct. 6th. To become a volunteer, first visit this link to complete the volunteer application and then sign up for a time slot with the Paws R Us Volunteer Sign Up Sheet.
Thank you Mrs. Klinsky, Mrs. Cruz and Harper for starting our morning off by saying the Pledge all together and listening to our National Anthem to recognize Patriots Day on September 11th.
- TAP (Teacher Assistance Program)
- Coming soon will be a signup sheet to help our teachers with making copies, laminating, etc. Keep a look out for the signup sheet.
- TONIGHT (9/12) is our First WPO Meeting in the West LMC at 7 PM (Childcare Provided)
- Please come on out for our first food fundraiser at McAlister's Deli to help fund our West Parent Organization on September 13th from 10:30 am to 9 pm. Please no coupons or discounts. Please drop your receipt in the bin and we will donate 20% back to the WPO. Offer not valid on deliver. For more information, check out this flyer!
- WPO Meeting in the West LMC - October 10th at 7 PM
Class Party Sign Up Now Open
Every year there is one sure thing your child looks forward to at school - the CLASS PARTIES!!! And, what better way to get involved than being one of the parent volunteers to help plan and participate in the fun.
- There are class parties for Halloween, Winter and Valentine's Day.
- Up to 5 Volunteers (1 party planner and 4 party volunteers) are permitted per classroom.
- Please read the Class Party Packet for full details and expectations (PDF attached in Sign-up)
- In order for all to have a chance to help with parties, we kindly ask you sign up for one party (Halloween, Winter or Valentine’s) per classroom for the school year. As we get closer to a party date and if a class is still in need of volunteers, we will communicate the opportunity to sign up for an additional party. Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation!
- Questions? Please contact Stephanie at email@example.com
West Student Directory
Due to D47 policy, students are unable to send birthday invites, party details, play dates, etc. through the school. In addition, the school is unable to provide classmate contact information to other families. The "West Directory" is the only way to get contact information for other classmates!
Please fill out the Google Form for EACH child:
Scan QR Code or click here for the form
A directory will ONLY be provided to those who chose to participate.
This is a voluntary directory. Please fill in only information you are comfortable sharing. Type "n/a" in the section you choose not to share info.
Forms are to be submitted by: Friday, September 15th