August 25, 2020
CISD CLOSED AUGUST 26 AND 27
- KG & 1st Grade Students are invited to attend on campus from this day forward
- 2nd - 4th Gr. In-Person learners with Last name alphabetical group... Only A-C on campus are invited to attend
- 2nd - 4th Gr. In-Person learners Last name alphabetical group... Only D-J on campus are invited to attend
- 2nd - 4th Gr. In-Person learners Last name alphabetical group... Only K-Q on campus are invited to attend
- 2nd - 4th Gr. In-Person learners Last name alphabetical group... Only R-Z on campus are invited to attend
- KG & 1st Gr. On Campus
- 2nd - 4th Gr. On-Line/Remote Instruction
- Student Holiday
- In-Person Classes Resume for all grade levels
- Virtual Learning Continues
FROM THE PRINCIPAL
COVID-19 SCREENING PROCESS
Our parents are valued partners in our Roadmap to Reopening Plan. In addition to wearing cloth face coverings, social distancing, washing hands, and regular cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces, an essential element in helping slow the spread of COVID-19 at school is each parent’s commitment to screening their child daily for symptoms. Parents are also asked to keep any student exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 at home and to notify the campus. Below is a copy of the current screening process which outlines the symptoms. Please review the information and be sure to keep your child at home if he/she is exhibiting any of the symptoms described.
Please note that all campuses are closed to visitors at this time to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If you must visit a campus, we ask that you screen yourself prior to leaving your home. All visitors that come on a campus/facility will be required to use the Access Intercom system or call the front office from their vehicle. Once the reception area identifies the person and their need to be on campus, they will be allowed in the building. All visitors will be required to sign in using the visitor program. Each visitor will be asked the screening questions. If a “yes” response is given to one of the questions, the visitor will be asked to leave the campus immediately.
Parent/teacher conferences, ARDS, 504 meetings etc. will be held virtually or by telephone when possible.
Thank you for helping to keep our school community safe.
Thank you for all the patience and support that you have given the CISD Transportation Team over the years. Driving a school bus takes dedicated and caring employees that love their students and are thrilled to be making a positive difference in student's lives. Our school bus drivers and monitors have been conducting practice runs in order to make the start of school as safe and smooth as possible, and we thank those of you who have contacted us with kind words about seeing buses rolling again.
We are seeing a number of students that have signed up for remote learning and we are adjusting routes when and where possible.
The current environment is creating a shortage of school bus drivers for this upcoming school year so we are asking for your help and consideration in a couple of ways:
- If your child is scheduled to attend campus instruction in person and you plan on driving them, we are asking you to please visit our website at https://www.conroeisd.net/transportation/ and select the Register for Transportation link:
- This link will take you to https://apps.conroeisd.net/AlternativeTransportation/
- Please select "No" for transportation.
- This will make your child inactive for transportation services.
- Parent/Guardians can always go back in and change it to "Yes" at any time if your child needs to start riding the bus again.
- Making your child inactive for transportation services helps us better identify which students will be using buses thus allowing us to be even more efficient with our routes, keeping numbers as small as possible per run, and assists in managing our current driver shortage.
- This will also enable us to be more responsive to calls since we have to rely on certified office staff to drive when faced with bus driver shortages.
- Please note in advance to complete any of these online requests please have your child's C.I.S.D. student I.D. number and birth date available before starting the process.
- This link will take you to https://apps.conroeisd.net/AlternativeTransportation/
- Should your child be attending in-person instruction and you plan for them to ride the bus, we are asking you to please visit Register for Transportation and check Yes again to ensure we have your child selected for a route.
For complete information on bus transportation, including bus numbers and stop times, please visit https://www.conroeisd.net/transportation/ .
If you are new to C.I.S.D. this fall it is required to sign your child up for transportation. This can be done by accessing https://apps.conroeisd.net/AlternativeTransportation/ .
Please stay safe and see you soon.
SUMMER READING UPDATE
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO "OPT" IN TO RECEIVE TEXTS FROM DAVID AND CISD
Our school district utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages, straight to your mobile phone with important information about events, school closings, safety alerts and more.
You can participate in this free service* just by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to our school’s short code number, 67587. You can also opt out of these messages at any time by simply replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
SchoolMessenger is compliant with the Student Privacy Pledge™, so you can rest assured that your information is safe and will never be given or sold to anyone.
CAMPUS CURBSIDE MEAL PICK-UP (CLOSED ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 26TH)
Curbside meals will be available for pick up on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 am and 12:00 pm. Curbside meals will no longer be free for all students. Breakfast and lunch meals will be available for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Families are asked to pick up/purchase meals for all of their children at the campus of their oldest child.
- Meals will be available curbside at all campuses on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM – 12 PM. Please come through the bus lane (driveway behind the school), stay in your vehicle and one of our cafeteria staff will be available to help you.
- Multiple meals will be distributed at a time.
- Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/2 lunch meals
- Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/3 lunch meals
- A student meal card must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This card is located in Parent Access and can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- Any change from a cash transaction will be applied to the student’s meal account.
- Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the Child Nutrition website.
(*This process may be updated.)
Questions? Please contact the Child Nutrition Department at (936) 709-8185.
Breakfast is served here at David Elementary from 7:30 - 8:00 am. School breakfast will give your child a healthy start to the day. A nutritious breakfast helps students be more alert so they can learn more in class. The price of breakfast is $1.50 which includes an entrée, fruit and milk. The lunch price for regular student lunch is $3.00, and al a carte prices vary. Please visit: http://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/ for menu options and more information.
Child Nutrition is encouraging parents to make payments on their student's account via www.myschoolbucks.com. This will allow students to move through the serving line more quickly and limit the handling of monies. If you choose to send in cash or check, please put in an envelope with your child's name, amount and student id #.
FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION
Applications for free and reduced lunch are on-line. If you qualify for free and reduced price meals, you also qualify for the breakfast program. If you have the need for this application, please click on the link www.myschoolapps.com to complete the requested information. More information is also available under the Child Nutrition website listed above. Please note that approval can take up to five days.
FROM THE CLINIC
Welcome to our new school year! Reconnecting with our students and staff, both in person and virtually, has been a welcome change of pace after so many months away! CISD nurses have worked throughout the summer to make ready for our return to campus.
As we return to in-person instruction, so much depends on our ongoing compliance with screening and other health promotion practices, including hand hygiene, face coverings and distancing. These new precautions are in place to help protect our students and staff, and their families. While perhaps not the easiest or most natural of the many new routines in our lives, I'm confident we will work together to find our way. We are grateful for your understanding and cooperation.
Before your child returns to campus, I encourage you to practice hand hygiene, and wearing face coverings together. You can try different styles and adjust for fit and comfort. You can also help your child to develop a sense of 6 foot distance in a context that is meaningful to them--a few suggestions:
Many dog leashes are 6 feet long. A bed, and an adult sized bicycle, are about 6 feet long. The width of a car or a parking space are another familiar measure.
As always, please call or email with questions or concerns, or if I can assist in any way. Wishing you all a healthy and happy day!
WELCOME FROM OUR DAVID PTO
Please take a moment to view the attached flyer which provides details on how to join the PTO, order items from our school store, and update your family's contact information! Our goal is to have 100% of families join the PTO, and becoming a member does not require you to volunteer. Your membership dues ($15 per family) typically help to fund new technology, instructional supplies, and MUCH, MUCH MORE! By joining the PTO, you’ll also have access to the online directory and private Facebook page!
Some of you have asked about a new school t-shirt. We have just completed our design and hope to have them available to order soon. Watch future newsletters for more information.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me, visit the David Webpage, or contact the front office at 281-298-4700. Looking forward to a great year!
SCHOOL SUPPLIES/GRADE LEVEL PLANNERS
SCHOOL SUPPLY PACKS
Our David PTO has a few extra school supply packets available for purchase on our Membership Toolkit web store. The supply packs are $70. This packet does include the grade level planner that we ask all students to have.
GRADE LEVEL PLANNERS
All students are asked to purchase a David Planner. You can purchase these on Membership Toolkit. ***Please note that if you purchased supplies from EPI or here from the school, this includes the planner. If you purchased supplies elsewhere, you may purchase the planner on the David PTO Web Store at https://davidpto.membershiptoolkit.com/login?r=%2Fopen_forms.
EXTRA YEARBOOKS FOR SALE
TECHNOLOGY HELP DESK
Conroe ISD has a Technology Help Desk to assist teachers, students, parents, and guardians with Canvas, Seesaw, Parent Access, or Student Access. The Help Desk is available weekdays, from 7:30 AM until 9:00 PM. You may reach the Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 936-709-7658. Canvas users can also click the 'Help' button.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7752.