3/25/2019: Your Weekly Update for Mayfield Intermediate
Metz Middle School Open House for Incoming 7th Graders
Statewide Tornado Drill on March 19, 2019
Mayfield's Academic Night
- Head Bandz and Mad Libs
- US History: Mystery Person Text Game
- Fact/Opinion Football
- Integer Operations Ring Toss
- Roll and Draw for Area and Perimeter
- Fishing for Integers!
- Creating science and math models with snap cubes
- Internet safety presentations
All City Chorus Concert
Mayfield Career Day
Mayfield Intermediate School's Career Day is this week. On Friday, March 29 from 8:00 to 11:00 AM. our students will be presented with great opportunity to see all the careers that they can start preparing for even at this young age. I know that this will be a rewarding experience for our students as well as our Career Day presenters. Thank you to Ms. Peterson and our amazing school counseling department for organizing this event.
Parents, take the time to talk to you children about your career this week. Share with them what you do during the day. Also, take the time to reflect with them after Friday's Career Fair. Maybe they will come home inspired to start preparing for a new career goal.
Middle School Sports: Attention All 6th Grade Students
Tryouts will begin on Monday, March 25th. Sports offered in the spring are; Boys Track, Girls Soccer, Baseball and Softball.
In order to participate in middle school sports students must have 2 items completed:
- A school sports physical that is no older than August 1st, 2018
- Concussion Training: This is a signed form stating that the the student-athlete and their parent/guardian has reviewed the signs/symptoms of a concussion.
Students who are participating in tryouts at Metz Middle School will ride any of the buses that travel from Mayfield to Metz. The students can ask their bus driver in the morning if they stop at Metz in the afternoon. The students can then ride the Metz activity buses home following tryouts.