Counseling Center Summer Newsletter
Summer 2022 News
SCHOOL COUNSELORS' SUMMER SCHEDULE
- Go the main NUAMES website at https://www.nuames.org/dc/dc-home?dh=1
- Click Quick Links in Top Right corner
- Select Transcript Request
- Complete form on Parchment website
- These steps will send your high school transcript electronically
If you're a senior and need to send CE credits, you'll need to go to the college's portal and request/pay for transcripts to be sent from them directly
OPPORTUNITY SCHOLARSHIP REMINDER
- There will be on final step you'll have to complete in the fall!
See our Canvas post if you've had any problems with your application!
SUMMER SCHOOL OPTIONS
Learn about what NUAMES is offering in summer and where else you can take classes to get ahead
Use summer to make up lost credits from failing classes!
PARENT & STUDENT RESOURCES / OPPORTUNITIES
See newsletter for tips on wellness
NUAMES SUMMER SCHOOL
Fitness for Life (.5 credit)
Available for returning 11th and 12th grade:
Health Education 2 (.5 credit)
General Financial Literacy (.5 credit) - 11th and 12th grade only
CE POLS 1100 (US Govt)- 11th and 12th grade only (counselor recommendation required)
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR NUAMES SUMMER SCHOOL?
UTAH ONLINE SCHOOL SUMMER PROGRAM
What Happens if I Fail a Class?
If you fail a class, then you usually must make it up by completing the term again as CREDIT RECOVERY. Credit Recovery is a shorter version of the same class and earns a student a P grade plus the lost credit. Each term of credit recovery is equal to 0.25 credit in the subject.
- Example: John B failed English Term 4 in 10th grade. He has passed all other classes. John B has to make up Term 4 English 10 through Credit Recovery in order to graduate.
- Once he completes credit recovery, there will be an entry on his Transcript showing CR English 10 T4, P as his grade, and now he's earned the missing 0.25 English credits.
What Are My Options for Doing Credit Recovery?
Here are Two Options We Think Work Best for Students:
- Utah Online School: Students pay $50/session (usually 7-9 weeks) & then complete as many credit recovery terms as they can in that session. We like this option because it's economical AND students can sometimes cancel out work by doing well on unit tests.
- Northridge Learning Center: Private school that sells PAPER PACKETS for Credit Recovery. Each 0.25 (Term) credit = $50 (Other fees may apply, such as Retest Fee, Extension Fee, etc.) Students complete the packet by the deadline and then take a PROCTORED FINAL EXAM. This can get expensive if a student has multiple terms to make up.
- There are other Credit Recovery providers (ex. BYU Independent Study). Just make sure to use an ACCREDITED PROGRAM.
What if I NEVER Make Up my Credits?
You will not graduate because you'll be missing credits required for graduation.
- All Credit Recovery must be completed by May 1st of SENIOR YEAR at the latest
- Students who have not completed all credit recovery will not participate in Graduation Ceremonies
- Students can continue to work until Sep of their 12th grade year and can pick up their diploma once these are completed.
- If students don't complete all credit recovery by September, they must finish their diploma through Adult Education
USE SUMMER TO WORK ON CREDIT RECOVERY!!
See your Counselor if you need a PLAN!