GMS STEM News
April 29, 2016 - Vol. 64
Sixth grade builds biobots to learn about adaptations!
Upcoming STAAR Test Dates:
Monday, May 9th: 6th Grade Math
Tuesday, May 10th: 6th Grade and 7th Grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11th: 8th Grade Science (7th Grade STEM Students)
STAAR Review Tutorials Available:
Need Math support for your accelerated student? We recommend the Middle School Summer 2016 Bridge Program.
If your student has struggled this year in either 6th or 7th Accelerated Math, we recommend they enroll now in the Middle School Summer 2016 Bridge Acceleration Program. In this course, students have the opportunity to strengthen their skills so that they are better equipped to succeed next year. For more information go to this link on the GCISD Secondary SummerPrograms information website (there is a link to register through Skyward on this website): http://www.gcisd-k12.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=38438
We need your help to plan for GMS STEM Academy 2016!
As we add 8th grade to our STEM Academy at GMS, it is important that Administration knows if your student will continue at GMS STEM Academy next year. This is especially important as we place additional students into this program. Please take a minute to answer the follow survey to help us determine the needs for next year. Please fill out the survey by the end of this week. Thank you!
There is still time to register for the Spanish CBE
Membean Means Reading Success
Be sure to complete 30 minutes of Membean per week by logging on to: https://goo.gl/UT0V9u
This summer, consider an Engineering and/or Computer Science camp.
- Girlgeneering - www.uta.edu/engineering/girlscamps
- Entry to Engineering Camp - www.uta.edu/engineering/summercamps
- Tex PREP (Texas Prefreshman Engineering Programs) - www.uta.edu/engineering/community/summer?TexPREP.php
Many opportunities for our STEM students!
Check out the link to the Grapevine Public Library Create It space!
It's Never Too Late To Be a Booster!
To see what our booster club is up to and to get more information on membership and volunteer opportunities, please go tohttps://www.facebook.com/groups/GMSSTEMBoosterClub/
Let's Keep in Touch!
To receive important information and announcements, sign up with your STEM Academy Classrooms using "Remind".
For 6th grade, TEXT to 81010:
- @gmsstem6 (GMS STEM 6th grade)
- @stem6thg (GMS STEM 6th grade ELA)
- @SciSTEM (GMS STEM 6th grade Accelerated Science)
- @6mathstem (GMS STEM 6th grade Accelerated Math)
For 7th grade, TEXT to 81010:
- @trimgms (GMS STEM 7th grade ELA)
- @channo (GMS STEM 7th grade Social Studies)
- @gms7stemm (GMS STEM 7th grade Accelerated Math)
- @7stemsci (GMS STEM 7th grade Accelerated Science)