How To Pick Your President!
Find out who will be running for president
- Joe Biden
- Hillary Clinton
- Martin O'Malley
- Bernie Sanders
- Jim Webb
- John Bolton
- Jeb Bush
- Ben Carson
- Chris Christie
- Ted Cruz
Gather materials about the candidates
Evaluate Candidates and learn about their Leadership Abilities
- JD, Yale University, 1973
- BA, Wellesley College, 1969
- Member, Democratic Policy Committee
- United States Secretary of State, 2009-2013
- Sworn In, United States Secretary of State, January 21, 2009
- Senator, United States Senate, 2001-2009
- Candidate, United States President, 2008
- First Lady, President Bill Clinton, 1992-2000
- First Lady, State of Arkansas, 1978-1980, 1982-1992
- Former Staff Attorney, Children's Defense Fund
- Former Board Member, Wal-Mart
- Attorney, Rose Law Firm, 1976-1992
- Assistant Professor, University of Arkansas Law School, 1975
Views on issues....
Gay Marriage- Hillary Clinton did not support gay marriage until 2014 when she changed her belief for what many assume to be political reasons
Abortion- Hillary Clinton supports abortion but believes it needs to be safe and rare and continues to create conditions where woman have other choices. "I have supported adoption, foster care. I helped to create the campaign against teenage pregnancy, which fulfilled our original goal 10 years ago of reducing teenage pregnancies by about a third. And I am committed to do even more."
Education Policy- "On the campaign trail, she decried standardized tests(which provide much of the data reformers see as critically important), asking, “How much creativity are we losing? How much of our children’s passion is being killed?” However, like her husband, she’s been a steady backer of charter schools. She’s been open to linking teacher pay to student performance, though she prefers that student achievement be measured and bonuses be distributed on a schoolwide basis—not to individually successful teachers." -Conor P. Williams
- BA, Latin American Studies, University of Texas, 1974
- Governor, State of Florida, 1998-2006
- Candidate, Gubernatorial, Florida, 1994
- Chair, Florida Bush-Quayle, 1992
- Chair, Bob Martinez Re-election, 1990
- Secretary of Commerce, State of Florida, 1987-1988
- Chair, Republican Party of Dade County, 1984-1986
- President/Chief Executive Officer, Codina Group, 1981-1986, 1988-1993, and 1995-1997
- Representative/Vice President, Texas Commerce Bank, Venezuela, 1974-1979
Views on Issues....
Gay Marriage- Jeb Bush does not support same sex marriage and has restated that even though many of his closest aids while running for president are strong public supporters of the cause.
Abortion- Jeb Bush has a conservative view on things like abortion. He supported a specialty "Choose Life" licesne plate and signed into law a parental notification measure for teenagers considering abortion.
Education Policy-"Education reform was one of Bush's top issues during his governorship and afterwards. He's a supporter of testing requirements, raising accountability standards, and expanding school choice"
Learn How Other People View the Candidate
Source 2: Would vote for Jeb Bush because he's a republican and I'm a republican.
Source 3: Neither, doesn't want Clinton or Bush to be president so will probably vote for a third party.
Choose Your Candidate
- She is pro Gay Marriage and so am I. I believe that whether or not it's 'morally right" for there to be same sex marriage it is a matter of civil rights and al of those people deserve the right to choose to get married regardless of how others judge the morality of it.
- She is pro-abortion and though i don't personally believe abortion is right i believe, again, that everyone should have the choice to it and decide whether they think it is right. Hillary also helps create other options for the girls to take and i believe that is the route we as a nation should be taking.
- Her views on education are similar to mine in the way that i think that the way schools are now aren't encouraging creativity as much as they should while our creativity will greatly help us get ahead in the real world no matter what career we go into.