Clemens Crossing Cougar Comments
June 14, 2017 - Volume 38, Issue 20
Clemens Crossing Elementary School
Elizabeth Yankle, Assistant Principal
Events Coming Up
2017-18 School Year
- 28 - Postcards mailed for class assignments
- 31 - Open House - Kindergarten, 9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- 31 - Open House - Grades 1-5, 2:30 p.m.
- 4 - Labor Day - Schools and Offices Closed
- 5 - First Day of School
- 8 - PTA Back-to-School Family Picnic, 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- 13 - PTA Kick-Off Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
- 18 - Back-to-School Night for Grades K, 1 & 2 at 6:30 p.m.
- 19 - Gifted & Talented Information Session, 6:00 p.m.
- 19 - Back-to-School Night for Grades 3, 4, & 5 at 6:30 p.m.
- 21 - Schools and Offices Closed
- 22 - School Closed for Students - Professional Learning Day
To subscribe to the CCES calendar on your smartphone, electronic device, or email system use the calendar ID email@example.com.
It has been another amazing year for our Clemens Crossing Community! Thank you all for your partnership in the education of our students. We have enjoyed instructing your children and watching them grow in knowledge and confidence. We are very proud of all our many accomplishments and achievements both individually and as a community.
For those who are moving to different schools next year, we wish you well in the future.
We look forward to seeing everyone who is returning to CCES on September 5.
Have a fantastic summer!
Final Report Cards
Staying Sharp During the Summer
- All current CCES students will have access to their iXL account through the end of the summer. This includes fifth graders and students in kindergarten through fourth grade who are moving to new schools next year. Students returning to CCES for the 2017-18 school year will have continuous access to their iXL account without interruption. We encourage students to practice iXL Language Arts and Math throughout the summer! If you forget your iXL login information, please email
Mr. Cosentino and/or Mrs. Rausch.
- Nothing is more important than reading and a visit to the public library is the best way to help your child find books that (s)he will like. The library has books at all reading levels, including leveled books for beginning readers. The Howard County Public Library offers a wide variety of activities during the summer too. Visit the HCPL website to learn about what they have to offer.
- When students write, they are practicing so many skills. Encourage your child to keep a summer journal and document some of the things that happen this summer.
Supply List for 2017-18
Time Saver Offered by PTA
The PTA is once again offering CCES families the convenience of purchasing pre-packaged school supply kits that include all of the items on CCES's 2017-2018 supply list. To purchase, go to www.shopttkits.com and enter our school code 73661.
Are You Not Returning to CCES for the 2017-18 School Year?
If you know that you will be relocating over the summer, please notify CCES Front Office as soon as possible at 410-313-6866 or email Mrs. Barnhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org. During the summer, CCES transfer packets and records may take longer to get to the new school(s) as we do not have a full registration staff.
At your earliest opportunity, go to the new school to fill out a Request for Records form to ensure that your child’s new school receives the records from CCES before the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year.
COMMUNITY NEWS for Parents
Please visit the Community News and Programs page at http://www.hcpss.org/community-news-and-programs/ for announcements of upcoming events and programs sponsored by non-profit organizations.
Adding CCES's Google Calendar to Your Personal Online/Email Calendar
Did you know you can subscribe to CCES's Calendar and see events on your computer and/or smartphone? Why subscribe to the calendar? You will have all of CCES's events embedded in your calendar. If events change, the calendar will be updated immediately.
The calendar ID is: email@example.com. There are many "how to" tutorials online you can view to learn how to properly sync your calendar. It depends on your email provider, computer platform, and brand of smartphone.